Activision's Putting Call of Duty On Wii U

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
CrystalShadow said:
How is 'call of duty on the wii u' news exactly, when Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 was a launch title?

OK, so I guess it means they're going to keep releasing them... But still... How is that news 6 months later?
Activision were playing silly buggers, and refusing to confirm until now. They were actively making it sound like there might not be a Wii U version as recently as a few weeks ago. A lot of people were taking that as a sign that Activision is bailing on the console. Glad to see that's not the case. Games like Skylanders could do really well on the system if they were given a marketing push by Nintendo.

OT: Excited for this, as it means I'll get to play with those tasty pointer controls. Shit on motion controls all you like, a pointer remote works far better for FPS gameplay than twin thumbsticks. And Treyarch are one of the few developers to really make sure there are plenty of Wiimote options in the settings menu. They know how to make an FPS with the Wiimote feel good.

It's like Timesplitters 2, but with the reticule movement controlled by your hand rather than your thumbs. Beautiful...
Ah... Well, I guess there had to be some reason. So Activision has finally decided to clearly state where they stand with further Wii U titles...

And uh, yeah. I agree. Well implemented Wii remote based shooters work quite well.
It's sort of like the midpoint between game controller and mouse & keyboard controls.

It kind of makes me wonder how that affects multiplayer, considering how cross-platform play between consoles and PC's was basically killed because people claimed the PC players had an unfair advantage...

I wonder if that's an issue between Wii remote and gamepad as well?

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Neronium said:
Fun fact, the movie was actually supposed to be series end for Spongebob Squapants as the person who made Spongebob, Stephen Hillenburg was gonna resign after the movie was finished. However, Nickelodeon didn't want it to end and now the original creator only serves as the Executive Producer now, with Paul Tibbitt being in charge of a lot of the Spongebob series now.
Yeah, I remember reading about that. I gave the new seasons some leniency at first, since the one following wasn't too bad, but it's really a shadow of its former self now.

That basically can be said for Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network in general, though.