Ad Spot

Norithics

Jul 4, 2013
It really says something about how over-saturated that kind of thing is that it can appear here and really not seem like that big of a deal, haha.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Redlin5 said:
Arawn said:
Must buy SUBWAY.....
How did you post in front of the webcomic creator? o.o

OT: It's kind of funny but I can see things getting to that point someday. >.<
I'm not sure, when I had commented their post was already there. But I come back today and I'm #1. At least I didn't post as much. I would have slapped myself with a cactus. Still gotta say such an ad campaign is utter genius. The number of panty shots in anime would give a company them maximum exposure. :p

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Deathfish15 said:
Two questions:

1) What's the reference? I'm a bit confused.

2) Will The Escapist be sued by Subway now?
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Is this referencing some current event? I mean, it's quite funny anyway, but I get a strange sense that I'm not 100% in on the joke.
Under_your_bed said:
May I be the 12,000,000,000th person in this thread to ask what this is referring to?
With more and more people finding ways to skip through, or block ads, companies have begun doing more to insert ads directly into media itself, even media that formerly didn't contain any product placement. The general term for it is "native advertising". "Dynamic ad insertion" is when old movies or TV shows have product placement digitally inserted or updated if the old brand deal no longer exists.

I believe that's what this is referencing.

Also, for those unaware, many anime shows have an abnormal amount of unnecessary panty shots.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
...the 'butt crack line' was too much for T.E, but a whole article of painted on super heroines isn't.

o_O

Methodia Chicken

Sep 9, 2014
As Subway I don't really see how this is wrong or inaccurate, we are simply providing information about sandwiches and our complex array of cookies to distract during a time of great embarrassment and horror for these two. bearing in mind that they must repeat this action daily, due to the long term exposure to high levels of our sub-card producing technology. each time their skin crawling and their spine's aching from an an eternity of preemptive cringes their attempts to resist placing them in more uncomfortable positions in so many ways,what kind of person would watch this depravity? how would they watch it? what kind of god would allow it? what kind of civil bureaucracy would allow such sloppy footpath repairs? the iris's of the poor victims slowly drain to white as they re-live their demeaning terror.
So I think it is our corporate duty to provide a little distraction and comic relief at a time like this, don't you? and as we always say:
A thousand ways in, no ways out. Eat fresh. Eat so terribly, terribly fresh. Terribly, awesomely, gruesomely, terrifyingly fresh.

RolandOfGilead

Dec 17, 2010
Methodia Chicken said:
As Subway I don't really see how this is wrong or inaccurate, we are simply providing information about sandwiches and our complex array of cookies to distract during a time of great embarrassment and horror for these two. bearing in mind that they must repeat this action daily, due to the long term exposure to high levels of our sub-card producing technology. each time their skin crawling and their spine's aching from an an eternity of preemptive cringes their attempts to resist placing them in more uncomfortable positions in so many ways,what kind of person would watch this depravity? how would they watch it? what kind of god would allow it? what kind of civil bureaucracy would allow such sloppy footpath repairs? the iris's of the poor victims slowly drain to white as they re-live their demeaning terror.
So I think it is our corporate duty to provide a little distraction and comic relief at a time like this, don't you? and as we always say:
A thousand ways in, no ways out. Eat fresh. Eat so terribly, terribly fresh. Terribly, awesomely, gruesomely, terrifyingly fresh.
Loved it, got a little Nightvale influence there?

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
This Subway ad is so much better than the SpongMonkey ads from 2007ish. You guys know what I'm talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPTZWhz46M

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
I feel like there's something sinister about Subway I ought to know but don't. They've been getting a lot of negative attention from satirists these days that always stops just short of saying what they actually did to deserve it. Am I just not following the right people on Tumblr or something? WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON????