Adam Sessler leaves Rev3 games

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
Adam official confirmed it on his tumbler, which you can read here: http://sessactual.tumblr.com/

It sucks that Adam is leaving, but I wish him the best of luck and can't wait to see what he brings to the medium.
Thoughts?

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I honestly haven't followed Adam since he left XPlay. I think I remember him getting into some conflicts with a review of God of War: Ascension or something, but other than that. I haven't heard anything. Hope he finds some decent work, he always was a decent reviewer in my book.

But talking about XPlay brings me back to a time when XPLay was good, as was G4. Then the new guy came in and filled the time slots with Cops, Cheaters, and Ninja Warrior, completely scaring away the original fanbase. Good times.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
TaintedSaint said:
I unsubscribed to rev3 as soon as I heard.
I haven't unsubbed yet, but Sessler is definitely the reason I started watching Rev3 and is the core of most of the content I enjoy on the channel. I'll probably give the channel a little while to see what happens with it though I can definitely see myself unsubbing soon as well.

I'm curious to see what Sessler brings to his new off camera work and I only hope we still get to see/hear his ruminations on the industry in some shape or form moving forward.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Good luck to him, but it kinda sucks. I loved his reviews and Sessler's Something. Rev3 games won't be the same without him.

Cloned31

Feb 11, 2014
Elfgore said:
I honestly haven't followed Adam since he left XPlay. I think I remember him getting into some conflicts with a review of God of War: Ascension or something, but other than that. I haven't heard anything. Hope he finds some decent work, he always was a decent reviewer in my book.

But talking about XPlay brings me back to a time when XPLay was good, as was G4. Then the new guy came in and filled the time slots with Cops, Cheaters, and Ninja Warrior, completely scaring away the original fanbase. Good times.
Couldn't agree more. It's so weird thinking that he's leaving. X Play was awesome and really could have been something great until the D-Bag you mentioned screwed it all up. Hopefully he'll be back in the industry sooner rather than later.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Cloned31 said:
Elfgore said:

Couldn't agree more. It's so weird thinking that he's leaving. X Play was awesome and really could have been something great until the D-Bag you mentioned screwed it all up. Hopefully he'll be back in the industry sooner rather than later.
I loved Icons. Such a good show. Oh well things change.

Aluwolf

Apr 1, 2014
TaintedSaint said:
I unsubscribed to rev3 as soon as I heard.
Same, I tried to like the other people but they were unfunny when they tried so hard to be funny.

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
When I first watched Rev3Games, it was Adam, Max, and Tara talking bullshit and they actually had a good wierd kinda chemistry.

Like Sessler was the Old Dog who knew his way around an interview, Max was the offbeat-Sess-Wannabe who tried to hard but in a lovably funnyway, and Tara was the middle ground who always had something interesting to say but was kind of forced behind these two over-active personas.

Now its a kid with Emo Hair and bad posture, a skinny Drama nerd who knows som stuff about Tech, and Tara who looks like she is trying to make the best of it, but never seems truely interested in anything they have to say.

I know im coming off as rather dickish, but does anyone else see this?

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Sad to see Adam go. Sadly I think Rev3 is no longer going to be getting as much of the industry invites due to this. Also, the lack of "Sessler's Something" and "Address the Sess" will definitely hurt the channel.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
But...but why? I mean, he just got there it seems like! After X-Play became...whatever that was, I was so excited to hear he was back doing this again. He is far and away my favorite reviewer. Him and Morgan. Why are you doing this Adam? I read the tumblr post. So...hopefully he'll still be around helping things behind the scenes, but Rev3Games is going to hurt bad from this. I hope they're able to carve out their own realm, but it's going to be hard without Adam there.

Cerebrawl

Feb 19, 2014
I guess I'm part of the minority who didn't like him much.

He's acted as a shill before, and I don't particularly trust anything he has to say as a result.

Also his voice and speech pattern isn't that pleasant to listen to, but that might just be me being sensetive to that sort of thing.

That said I quite watching rev3games some time ago, and not just because of Sessler, most of the rest of the cast is forgetable, except Scott, who has atrocious taste, and poor sense of humor, case in point he made the simpsons tapped out, a cowclicker, his game of the year 2013.

Tellis Argonis

Sep 28, 2012
Elfgore said:

I enjoyed watching Ninja Warrior with my dad and laughing at Asians making a fool of themselves on international television. Other than that it was just a channel that didn't have any new, worthwhile content for the longest time and I just stopped watching it. Also, my satellite service provider decided to remove it from under my nose and refused to give it back. Then I switched to a provider that wasn't such an enormous Dbag. They go 'We cost kind of a lot for our services' but they were better than 'Hey we can getcha TV, Phone, and Innet fo only twenty dollahs a month!'

Anyway.

It's also like 'What? Already? He's leaving Rev3 already?' Because it was like I had found him again after not seeing him for the longest time. Since he appeared to love what he did and really did get balls deep into the discussion, whatever the topic was, I liked him. It's part of why I like Angry Joe, he's not afraid to say what he thinks, (But I think AJ is more of that IMO) And I liked listening to him discuss things with people while I did other things. Now I've been watching a lot of TB's podcasts mainly because they bring cool people on the show a lot, like Jim Sterling.

Wonder where he's gonna go.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
deserteagleeye said:
This is all because we made him put a banana in his pants during Twitch Plays Adam Sessler isn't it?
I prefer to think that it was due to "creative differences" between him and Rev3.

He had made the intro, but he wanted more...MORE!

Sad that he left, this will definitely leave a void in Rev 3.

May his roads lead him to warmer sands.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Mr. Sessler is definitely a unique individual, the Rev3 people seem boring by comparison. It was fun to have them around, but really only because Adam needed someone to talk to. At least most of the people at G4 were pretty enjoyable on their own, although I stopped watching when Adam quit.

I wish him the best of luck with what he has planned, but I'm sure we've not heard the last from him from the journalistic perspective.