Adam West passed away at 88

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
He died after a short battle with Leukemia.

I have no fond memories of him, but he is a pop culture icon and I'm sure a lot of people get nostalgic when thinking about his most famous role.

Sad to see that the celebrity death train is still going. I wonder if it's just the growth of social media that makes us notice celebrity deaths more, or if there's some scientific reason, or maybe it's just a coincidence.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam-west-dead-batman-star-832264

He had something for everything in that utility belt but death. R.I.P

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Sad to hear, but 88 isn't a bad run, there's nothing inherently unusual about something that old dying.

Always liked "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb".

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
The only spot I knew him from was Family Guy but a man who is willing to poke fun at himself that much is a man worth liking. Plus, I think we should all be lucky enough to be as good of health as he was at the age of 88.

I shall miss your hilarious antics.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I respect that unlike other actors who seemed trapped by one role, Adam West embraced it and came out better for it, even managing to become known for things other than that role, ie as Mayor in Family Guy.

Seriously, most parodies of Batman are voiced by Adam West himself, and thats fucking sweet, even when they are parodying West too.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Not to demean the man, I offer my condelences all the same, I grew up with him watching cartoons where he provided voice work besides Family Guy (Johnny Bravo, Fairly Oddparents, etc.)

But I thought this guy would never die. He's one of those celebraties that has been around for so long that somehow I thought he would last longer.

But R.I.P. Adam West.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Adam West is forever etched in my mind as the quintessential 'camp' Batman and the associated fond memories of watching re-runs of '60s Batman at an age I didn't know what camp was. Also Adam you demonstrated Batman didn't necessarily need to be fit as an olympic champion when you did that 'Batusi' in your bat pyjamas with visible belly. Teach them instagram models. Thanks for showing me a window into a different time!

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
He was an inspiration to my Uncle and I growing up. To many, he was the true Batman. To some, he made them come to love Batman and other versions as well. R.I.P.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
This saddens me greatly. I'm just glad he got one last run in the role he loved so much.

Rest Easy Caped Crusader. You earned it.

yatterman1

Nov 17, 2009
He will still be my favorite Batman actor, as well as many other roles he did. R.I.P. Mr West.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
That's a real bummer. Never thought he would pass away so suddenly...

Rest In Peace, old Chum.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I'm sad and all but I guess this means the sequel to The Return of the Caped Crusaders is up in airs now unless they hire someone with a similar voice and they paid tribute to him at the end. (We gonna see alot of tribute to him in the Batman comic now).

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I never read Batman comics, and before the Animated Series, yes I most certainly did watch Adam West's Batman. He was basically the Mister Rogers of Batman, which I can appreciate, having grown up on that, as well.

I seem to recall a friend of mine saying he made an animated film... I should be watching.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
I just opened my Facebook and see the news of his passing. Not a young man by any stretch of the imagination but he was always providing entertainment throughout the years that I lost track of time. He shall be missed.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Thank you for all of the wonderful times during my childhood. You lived a fulfilling life, and was even a hero to the Kevin Conroy's Batman.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Damn man.

He was a funny Batman and a funny mayor of a small crazy town.

He will be missed.