Adding A New Forum Section

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
Recently in the escapist forums and discussion, I've been seeing a lot of various thread talking about tv shows and fandoms. Many that can be labeled under a "Pop Culture" section.
So I would like to suggest adding a new forum segment to the forums to help categorize them and make people talk about topics under "Pop Culture" more openly without the need to put it in "Off topic Discussion" like it usually is.
But that's up to the escapists.
So what do you guys think about this? Got a better title or suggestion?

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
What would be left in Off-topic?

Gaming, news, religion, politics and advice all already have their own boards. For all intents and purposes OT already is a "pop-culture" board...

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I would like more subforums. Off-Topic is way too broad, Religion & Politics is often ignored, User Review is ignored, RP and Forum Games has a crowd its own.

I would like that. I would also like something like a 'recent release' thread. I hate coming on the forums the day of a huge game release I didn't get and everything is covered in that title.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
Let's make a Rant & Whine Forum with specific sub-forums for Dark Souls and ponies.
I chuckled at that. Thanks. Anyway, Off Topic covers things fairly well I think. Wouldn't mind seeing subforums, but eh whatever.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I've got enough tabs open already keeping up with these forums. Besides, like Eleuthera said, Off-Topic pretty much already is "Pop-Culture", it just also includes things like this thread, or random questions that wouldn't fit anywhere else.

Besides, if the User Reviews, Forum Games, and RP sections are any indication, trying to splinter off another section of the forums would just result in lower average traffic. Or if R&P is any indication, it would create another group of people on the website who only visit that one sub-forum and never post anywhere else, thereby segregating the user-base of the website even further.