adds escapist

herio

May 20, 2009
recently the escapist has been putting adds at the start of there videos i say good for the escapist i might not like the adds but it keeps the escapists running

though i think we have a problem its the escapist is carly not using its demographic right this is the problem i see with the adds stuff like cars banks expensive TV and alike will not work

becase that's not the demographic and adance it has what the escapist needs to do its talk to say drinks or food and games publishers and a like what interests us because the way the adds are now there just wasting everyone time

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Well, the Escapist has got to make money somehow. Ads do that for them. No way around it but to just grin and bear it.

Unless you're in the Pub Club, obviously

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
If someone is paying so that you can watch content on this site for free they are more than welcome to throw in some beer adds.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
*Looks smugly at my Pub Club badge* I don't mind ads on website as long as I don't have to watch the same ad for every video I watch, or, the website isn't riddled with annoying pop-ups.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I always see ads from Newegg or whatever and I say to myself after every single one "I am going to actively avoid using Newegg from now on because of this annoying advertisement." And then I continue on with my life safe in the knowledge that some companies ad dollars were wasted.

BRex21 said:
If someone is paying so that you can watch content on this site for free they are more than welcome to throw in some beer adds.
I would actually enjoy seeing some Beer ads those are actually entertaining sometimes and don't ever really annoy me.

Coffinshaker

Feb 16, 2011
as a webcomicalist [http://whatsshakincomic.com], I can say I definitely support ads! especially on a free content site like this! sure, they may be intrusive and a bit obnoxious, but they provide income to starving artists and writers.

well... except for the capcha video things... those I hate with a passion.

PunkyMcGee

A Clever Title
Apr 5, 2010
Giest4life said:
*Looks smugly at my Pub Club badge* I don't mind ads on website as long as I don't have to watch the same ad for every video I watch, or, the website isn't riddled with annoying pop-ups.
Woot! PubClubers rock. so worth it.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Suilenroc said:
Giest4life said:
Woot! PubClubers rock. so worth it.
I do quite enjoy my custom title.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Go get a PubClub, or suck it up. The Escapist needs to make money, and honestly, the ads aren't that bad. It's worth it for all this awesome content.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
Ads are fine but it becomes a problem when the Escapist staff are unwilling to discuss the incredibly intrusive ads, such as the ones like the Dragon Age ad which blocks the entire page.

Instead of discussing the issue they outright ban any mention of use/recommendation of completely legal ad blocker add-ons and sit there quietly.

It is obvious that as far as they are concerned you are either in the Pub Club or you are a piece of shit who's experience of the site is completely unimportant.

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
Well, the Escapist has got to make money somehow. Ads do that for them. No way around it but to just grin and bear it.
But do they really make money off the ads? Seeing as every single ad (and there are at least two per page) on the Escapist is an ad for the Escapist itself (Miracle of Music, PubClub, Jimquisition, shirts, etc), I have to wonder if they get more money from the ad provider than they have to pay the ad provider to run the ads in the first place.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
They've been doing math? THIS IS UNHEARD OF!

I must complain on the forums loudly and somewhat comically!

[sub]Meh, it isn't that annoying and before you say "You've got the Pubclub you prick" I have another account without the benefits. You just learn to deal with it.[/sub]