Admit you were wrong

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
hanselthecaretaker said:
Also Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a great game. In some ways (pretty much everything besides characters and narrative) I even prefer it over The Witcher 3.
The combat is just preventing me from getting into it. Does it expand or change at all? Because right now I feel like I made a bit of a foolish purchase.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
jademunky said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
Also Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a great game. In some ways (pretty much everything besides characters and narrative) I even prefer it over The Witcher 3.
The combat is just preventing me from getting into it. Does it expand or change at all? Because right now I feel like I made a bit of a foolish purchase.
I think it depends on what platform. the console versions are every bit as bad as Yahtzee said they are. Glitchy, limited saves, horrific, and I mean horrific combat.
I actually powered through most of the game on PS4, using a Warhammer and admittedly taken advantage of some of the bugs and glitches, like the time I jumped off a rock and never hit the ground, so I just walked across half the map to avoid a bandit ambush.
But then the 2.25 update came out, say maybe 6-8 weeks after launch, and corrupted my entire save file, 20 hours lost, was told to just replay it. So no, to answer your question the combat never gets better, it only gets harder, and there's a chance the next patch will corrupt your entire save file.

pure.Wasted

Oct 12, 2011
I thought Widow/Hanzo would remain dominant in OW even after their nerfs and the great support rebalancing of 2018. So far OWWC seems to be disproving that theory.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Silentpony said:
jademunky said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
I think it depends on what platform. the console versions are every bit as bad as Yahtzee said they are. Glitchy, limited saves, horrific, and I mean horrific combat.
I actually powered through most of the game on PS4, using a Warhammer and admittedly taken advantage of some of the bugs and glitches, like the time I jumped off a rock and never hit the ground, so I just walked across half the map to avoid a bandit ambush.
But then the 2.25 update came out, say maybe 6-8 weeks after launch, and corrupted my entire save file, 20 hours lost, was told to just replay it. So no, to answer your question the combat never gets better, it only gets harder, and there's a chance the next patch will corrupt your entire save file.
I see, maybe I'll restart a character if the game lets me just skip the intro area. (please dear god let me skip the intro)

My problem with the combat I think(im on PC) is I play with keyboard and mouse and the combat uses too much mouse and not enough keyboard. Now I could just switch to controller whenever a fight starts but that would demand learning essentially 2 sets of controls for a game that is kinda complicated already.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Silentpony said:
jademunky said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
That sucks. I had a side quest get corrupted by a patch, but only lost a few hours backtracking from an earlier save. I?m on PC, and the combat to me is more fun because it feels more tactical than The Witcher where you can just dodge around swinging a sword ftw. Though that can still be fun enough in an arcadey sort of way, and perhaps it?s for the better given it?s a highly narrative-focused RPG.

Sure you can eventually powerhouse your way through most encounters in KC with the right weapon, but the overall design in most cases is geared towards finding openings, wearing your opponent down with parrying/ripostes, and knowing where and when to strike a given opponent while considering their equipment and ability. It makes every win feel significant and earned. The training grounds might be worth checking out too for added insight into getting more out of different aspects of the combat.

whmchrish

Jul 12, 2014
I scoffed at the silly notion that MICROSOFT was gonna move in on Nintendo, Sony and Segas turf as a console manufacturer. I was certain they'd never last, and while I never got particularely fond of the OG Xbox, the 360 was my console-of-choice for most of its generation.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Xprimentyl said:
If that last statement is the case, I?ll defer to your bear-manity in the hopes your kindred spirit might spare me a salmon?s death. On the other hand, I might pop into your dimension from time to time to delivery a sucker punch or two. I don?t need to gain any significant power, just enough to sooth my chronic back pain as I?ve grown immune to my various sorceries and analgesic salves; interdimensional life-tapping is the next logical step.
Oh, well I don't really feel desire for more power, or any [small](yet)[/small]...was more curious as whether to expect any unexpected attempts of the murdering variety. Plus there is the very likely possibility that I would lose, with a bear being mostly all roar and no claw. There is the added relief that any eventual suicide may actually benefit another in need, seeing as life insurance companies don't believe a life psychologically pushed to death is worth any penny/cent/rupee/shiny-pokemon-card for those around them; physical and mental healing goes further than money ever will. Or does interdimensional power transfer only count if it's done through murder? If so, that may resolve the 'life insurance company' problem and keep the interdimensional power transfer bonus unhindered...this could work out for everyone...as long as the evidence is sufficiently obscured. :)

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I thought Viva Pinata was a little kids game. But as I fed a child's remains to it's parents, I realised I was wrong. Oh so wrong.