Adventure Time Miniseries Reveals What Happened to The Humans

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Adventure Time Miniseries Reveals What Happened to The Humans

Adventure Time: Islands is an eight-part miniseries that delves into Finn's past and ancestry.

One of the biggest questions that Adventure Time fans have is, "What happened to the humans?" The land of Ooo is inhabited by all kinds of crazy critters but only four humans: Finn, Susan Strong, Betty and The Ice King (if you consider him still human). We know Finn's dad is kind of a dick, but presumably he (and Finn's mom) came from other humans who existed at some point. Even in flashbacks concerning Simon and Marceline's past, we don't really see any humans. It's one of the biggest mysteries of the whole show.

Well, Adventure Time: Islands, an upcoming miniseries for the show, aims to answer that question, and more. Cartoon Network announced today that the eight-part series would follow Finn the Human, Jake the Dog, BMO and Susan Strong as they leave the land of Ooo and voyage across the ocean to figure out parts of Finn's past.

Check out the series opening credit sequence in the video above.

Islands is the second miniseries for the show, following 2015's Stakes - a five-part series that delved into Marceline's past. The first episode of Islands will premier on January 30, and run for eight weeks.

Source: Cartoon Network [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytKt2LT61aA]

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Wait, why does Finn have a robot arm? When did that happen? Didnt he bullshit get his arm back cause a Bee raped his arm?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Saelune said:
Wait, why does Finn have a robot arm? When did that happen? Didnt he bullshit get his arm back cause a Bee raped his arm?
you didn't see the part where he got mad at his arm for attacking susan strong and it tore itself off and fused with finn sword and formed into grass finn which you can see in the intro sequence with marcy and pb

somehow the level of crazy shit seems to have stayed the same

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
weirdee said:
Saelune said:
you didn't see the part where he got mad at his arm for attacking susan strong and it tore itself off and fused with finn sword and formed into grass finn which you can see in the intro sequence with marcy and pb

Apparently not. I dont watch CN much unless I know new episodes of something I watch is on, and CN is very flighty. Out of nowhere week, or month long marathons of daily new episodes happen out of nowhere, then stop, then randomly new episodes for like, 2 weeks, then nothing for what feels like eternity...

Really annoying.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
I was about to ask about the robot arm also. I've only seen the first episode and didn't like it.

Gravity Falls 4 Lyfe

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
American Fox said:
I was about to ask about the robot arm also. I've only seen the first episode and didn't like it.

Gravity Falls 4 Lyfe
I love Gravity Falls as well and had a very hard time getting into 'Adventure Time' at first. But it pays off eventually, because the series plays the long game. Starting with Season 3 you realize there's a well planned, but at first hidden continuity. Known faces show up again and get backstories, some characters do their own thing in the background that pays off later (waving snail, anyone?) and in every alternate reality shown Finn's already got a robot arm. Waaaay before it happens to him. This is definately not a show that stays in the place it starts, but it develops very subtle at first.

The question I'm having is if this mini series is part of the main episodes and will be included in the DVD/Blu-ray release or if it will be separate. As I live in Europe I'm importing the sets instead of watching it when it's aired.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Love adventure time, and I'm lovin' the nautical theme. Adrift on the sea in search of adventure is one of my favorite premises. LoZ Windwaker, Don't Starve Shipwrecked, and One Piece are all favorites.

Couldn't get into Flapjack. Probably too many reruns of season 1.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
American Fox said:
It doesn't get any better, at least for the first season. I've had people tell me it gets better later, but an entire season worth of...noise, to get through, is a hard sell. Especially when better alternatives readily exist.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Saelune said:
weirdee said:
Saelune said:

Apparently not. I dont watch CN much unless I know new episodes of something I watch is on, and CN is very flighty. Out of nowhere week, or month long marathons of daily new episodes happen out of nowhere, then stop, then randomly new episodes for like, 2 weeks, then nothing for what feels like eternity...

Really annoying.
Don't forget the weekend long marathons of Teen Titans Go.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Are they also going to apolgise for the ending of the last season? Which felt more like a comercial break.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I haven't seen the series in a long time but I was under the impression all the humans were killed in the "Mushroom War".

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
RaikuFA said:
Saelune said:
weirdee said:
Saelune said:

Really annoying.
I mostly just care about Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and Regular Show in that order.

I dont hate Go like some do, but I also just watch it as a humorous cartoon when it pops up.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Saelune said:
RaikuFA said:
Saelune said:
weirdee said:
Saelune said:

Really annoying.
I mostly just care about Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and Regular Show in that order.

I dont hate Go like some do, but I also just watch it as a humorous cartoon when it pops up.
I don't hate it as well, I think it can do better, but playing nonstop marathons of it is an issue IMO. It's exactly what Nickelodeon does with Spongebob.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
RaikuFA said:
Saelune said:
RaikuFA said:
Saelune said:
weirdee said:
Saelune said:

Really annoying.

I don't hate it as well, I think it can do better, but playing nonstop marathons of it is an issue IMO. It's exactly what Nickelodeon does with Spongebob.
I just watch Adult Swim if dinner runs late or Im going to bed at a normal hour. I dont watch CN unless I realize a new episode of a show I like is on, otherwise I watch them later, recorded on DVR.

Not saying its not an issue, it just doesnt really affect me.

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
Bob_McMillan said:
Who the hell is Betty?
Simon Petrokov's / The Ice King's fiance/wife from before the destruction of the world brought foward in time who is now attempting to free Simon from the Ice King's Crown's damning effects.

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
undeadsuitor said:
Willinium said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Who the hell is Betty?
Simon Petrokov's / The Ice King's fiance/wife from before the destruction of the world brought foward in time who is now attempting to free Simon from the Ice King's Crown's damning effects.
She's also now a wizard, which has turned her relatively bat shit insane because that's what magic does to people in this setting.
Really now? I admit that I've kinda fallen off of TV the last few years, only thing I really keep track of is Star Vs the Forces of Evil, so I obviously missed quite a few things. Is she still pursuing her goal to free Simon or?

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Willinium said:
undeadsuitor said:
Willinium said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Who the hell is Betty?
She's also now a wizard, which has turned her relatively bat shit insane because that's what magic does to people in this setting.
Really now? I admit that I've kinda fallen off of TV the last few years, only thing I really keep track of is Star Vs the Forces of Evil, so I obviously missed quite a few things. Is she still pursuing her goal to free Simon or?
It's a little up in the air. She tricked Magic Man and stole his powers. Since then, she has been in and out of the series. We don't actually know her true motivation at the moment. Or at least I don't.

MY NEW PRISON IS SHAME!