Advice for Escapist videos not working

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
So im having trouble with seeing the videos the video player doesnt seem to be loading as there is only the background there.

Im pretty sure ive turned off the ad blocker and definatly have the latest flash/java as i downloaded them today.
Im useing IE and windows 7. Any ideas what could be causeing this?

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
The escapist doesn't like IE for some obscure reason, there's a few problems different people have. Try it with Google Chrome. If that doesn't work, cry.

Also, dear captcha, I do not have the Stargate Earth chevron on my keyboard!

Liam Patterson

Mar 16, 2011
Having the same issue. Have never even had ad blocker installed, never disabled javascripts, but checked to see if they are on, and they are, cleared out my chaches, cookies, flash caches, checke don all broswers, IE and IE 64 bit, Mozilla firefox and Google Chrome, no videos on the escapist will play, i just get their background which wont play when i click it. Videos on Giant Bomb and Youtube still work perfectly, though. If the problem isn't solved soon, I guess the competition will get the ad revenue. :)

luckshot

Jul 18, 2008
on mozilla i cant even get the page to load at all for video content, everything else appears fine though

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Same problem here. Wound up allowing every damned script with Noscript in Mozilla, also tried Chrome, no dice. Allowing more scripts just showed me that it was the Grey Goo-themed lightbox that was killing the video.

C'mon Escapist, you're better than that.

(also I now need to change my avatar - I am undone!)