Afterbirth

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Roofstone said:
I am sorry, but why would we be making miscarriage jokes? That seems kinda awful?

I don't get it..
Because some of us have rather extreme senses of humor? I know I've made a few over the course of my life.

OT: Brutally funny and a waste of a white shirt.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Roofstone said:
I am sorry, but why would we be making miscarriage jokes? That seems kinda awful?

I don't get it..
As Jiffex said it is a jab at the web comic Ctrl+Alt+Delete. KnowYourMeme has your back: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cadbortion

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Scars Unseen said:
My ex-wife had a cesarean when our daughter was born, and I got a photo of her being pulled out. Was calling her "my little xenomorph" for a while there.

Also, relevant:

Being able to survive an injury like that must mean she was blessed by the prophet Andraste.

On Topic: Isn't that a very dangerous way to handle a newborn infant?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
As someone who has a 4 week old daughter, and 2 year old son, I have to agree... with Erin, their pretty gross when covered in 'the goo'.

But they get better once cleaned up!

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I don't get it.
Yes, I KNOW what it is about, but still don't get it.
Also I will admit I am a little sensitive when I see this kind of humor...

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
The weird thing is. My girlfriend is pregnant and about to burst...So now we're just waiting around on the birthing to start lol. This is also pretty much how I envision it happening.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
"This is a strip I've had in my head for a long time. When I originally wrote it (back in year one, I think) it was going to be part of a larger arc covering Mol's teenage pregnancy (including the lawnmower incident) and Erin's initial resentment of young Mini-Mol. I eventually ditched it, mostly because covering pregnancy in a gaming webcomic invites a shit ton of lazy "hurr durr CAD MISCARRIAGE" comments and chances are I would have murdered someone before the arc was done."

Damn it internet, this is why we can't have nice things. I want to know what the lawnmower incident was! Seriously, I miss the little story arcs they abandoned. Maybe we'll get more in EDA.

For the record, this was the funniest Critical Miss in a long time. I wouldn't mind seeing more in this vein of humor. I love the art in it as well.

DocJ

What am I doing here?
Jun 3, 2014
Jesus it's been a while since I've seen Total Recall. Welp. Gotta go do that now. Nice Critical Miss. Brightened up my crappy day.

bz316

Feb 10, 2010
That was the most touching, beautiful, disgusting thing anyone has ever done. Godspeed Erin, you magnificent bastard. Godspeed...

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
CaitSeith said:
Darth_Payn said:
I'd have gone for Aliens myself.

Did, uh, did the baby still have the umbilical cord attached when she was in her mom's arms?
Yeah. And... she didn't have it after Erin pull her out of her shirt... :S
I think that was the moms pink hospital wriststrap thing. Of the unfortunately large number of hospitals I've been bleeding in they seem to normally be white, but I have come across coloured ones in the past.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
I'd have gone for Aliens myself.

Did, uh, did the baby still have the umbilical cord attached when she was in her mom's arms?
There's usually a little bit left even after the cord's been cut: it's put in a clamp closer to what becomes their belly button and falls off after a week or two. Traditionally, you're supposed to put away $1,000 a year for the kid, and give them a check for the cash when they turn 21 with that clamp on it. I told the nurse that was gross :p

I think being a parent changes you, because of all the depraved shit I've read in webcomics, this didn't get a laugh. In fact I felt a slight urge to punch Erin. In my case, this comic was a critical miss.

ConanThe3rd

Jul 3, 2012
> "I decided against it due to CAD comparisons and how it might lead to murder"
As the old saying goes, "Discretion is the better part of valor"

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
Who, in their right mind, would trust Erin with a newborn?

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
Funny stuff. Every year at work I suggest to coworkers with young kids that they go trick-or-treating as Kuato. Nobody's done it yet.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
P-89 Scorpion said:
Skeleon said:
P-89 Scorpion said:
Okay if you don't get the reference be honest I want to know, how well known this reference is in today's world.
Do you doubt our total recall of memes? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I work with people in there 20's who have never seen Jurassic Park, Independence Day, Predator and Terminator because there're 'old' films. So yes I do.
Wow, really? Damn what do they teach kids in school these days?

OT: I loved this, this stuff is why I read webcomics, lighthearted and a little off the wall.