Afterbirth

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
Ok, quick question: is Erin in a relationship with Mol? Because I thought she was trying to date that one guy that turned out to be Link?

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Fox12 said:
"This is a strip I've had in my head for a long time. When I originally wrote it (back in year one, I think) it was going to be part of a larger arc covering Mol's teenage pregnancy (including the lawnmower incident) and Erin's initial resentment of young Mini-Mol. I eventually ditched it, mostly because covering pregnancy in a gaming webcomic invites a shit ton of lazy "hurr durr CAD MISCARRIAGE" comments and chances are I would have murdered someone before the arc was done."

Damn it internet, this is why we can't have nice things. I want to know what the lawnmower incident was! Seriously, I miss the little story arcs they abandoned. Maybe we'll get more in EDA.

For the record, this was the funniest Critical Miss in a long time. I wouldn't mind seeing more in this vein of humor. I love the art in it as well.
Lawnmower incident, iirc, is the excuse used by guys to say that the kid wasn't theirs, that their girl got pregnant from riding on a lawnmower. Kinda like the "tractor story" from Seinfeld where the girl got gonorrhea from riding a tractor and definitely NOT her ex.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Gxas said:
Fox12 said:
"This is a strip I've had in my head for a long time. When I originally wrote it (back in year one, I think) it was going to be part of a larger arc covering Mol's teenage pregnancy (including the lawnmower incident) and Erin's initial resentment of young Mini-Mol. I eventually ditched it, mostly because covering pregnancy in a gaming webcomic invites a shit ton of lazy "hurr durr CAD MISCARRIAGE" comments and chances are I would have murdered someone before the arc was done."

Damn it internet, this is why we can't have nice things. I want to know what the lawnmower incident was! Seriously, I miss the little story arcs they abandoned. Maybe we'll get more in EDA.

For the record, this was the funniest Critical Miss in a long time. I wouldn't mind seeing more in this vein of humor. I love the art in it as well.
Lawnmower incident, iirc, is the excuse used by guys to say that the kid wasn't theirs, that their girl got pregnant from riding on a lawnmower. Kinda like the "tractor story" from Seinfeld where the girl got gonorrhea from riding a tractor and definitely NOT her ex.
I actually did not know that, my poor virgin ears being what they are. Didn't Erin mention literally running over Mogs ex with a lawnmower, though? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Either way, it would be an interesting addition to the comic, if they spread it out. They would't have to do it back to back.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
Fox12 said:
I actually did not know that, my poor virgin ears being what they are. Didn't Erin mention literally running over Mogs ex with a lawnmower, though? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Either way, it would be an interesting addition to the comic, if they spread it out. They would't have to do it back to back.
According to TV tropes (the first relevant hit for my very lazy googling), Erin did indeed run over Mini-Mol's father with a lawn mower.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Kennetic said:
Ok, quick question: is Erin in a relationship with Mol? Because I thought she was trying to date that one guy that turned out to be Link?
Mol is straight. Erin is... Erin.

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
The Wooster said:
Kennetic said:
Mol is straight. Erin is... Erin.
Ok, cool thanks. the context had me confused.

killerbee256

Aug 14, 2014
P-89 Scorpion said:
Skeleon said:
P-89 Scorpion said:
Okay if you don't get the reference be honest I want to know, how well known this reference is in today's world.
Do you doubt our total recall of memes? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I work with people in there 20's who have never seen Jurassic Park, Independence Day, Predator and Terminator because there're 'old' films. So yes I do.
Kids these days, I loved to watch old action movies from the late 70s & 80s when I was a kid in the 90s.

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
Bring back memorys. My wife had a cesarean and the same thing pop up in my head. Plus they gave my daughter to my wife kiss and she looked at me with a surprise face and said "taste terrible". The magic of life.