Age of Conan Offers Free Play for Returning Players

shaltir

Jul 3, 2009
ugh...this is kinda iffy, last time i touched it, the economy was worthless, raid mobs kept resetting right before you killed em, the community was actually more childish that WoW (i actually liked WoW btw..just so you guys can all hate on me) and when i asked a question about what pitchpots actually did on the forums, i got a warning for trolling. i just wanted to know if anyone had played a version of the game that had working pitchpots and if they were worth all the rabble rousing for christ sake!!

this game got to me so much i actually one of the guys at the funcom booth during a convention in Atlanta to autograph a printout of my subscription cancel.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Abedeus said:
I played the trial for about 3-4 hours... The only MMOs that bored me faster were WoW (3 hours) and EVE (got the trial and never played).
What about it bored you exactly?

If you made a caster, sure, it's no different than casting in any other game. If you made a melee character... well, I'm confused.

Anyway, I think I'll start this back up again. The game was super fun from 1-75, but from 75-80 it was terrible. Unfinished content, not enough content, terrible shift from killing multiple mobs at once to killing one at a time for less XP than you would with the weaker, easier to kill enemies...

I'll probably end up playing it for another month or two after the trial expires.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
I never tried Age of Conan but how different can it be from Warhammer: Online. If someone has played both can you fill me in? Because at the moment the both look like WoW's slightly more mature and less popular brother.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Credge said:
Abedeus said:
I played the trial for about 3-4 hours... The only MMOs that bored me faster were WoW (3 hours) and EVE (got the trial and never played).
What about it bored you exactly?

If you made a caster, sure, it's no different than casting in any other game. If you made a melee character... well, I'm confused.

Anyway, I think I'll start this back up again. The game was super fun from 1-75, but from 75-80 it was terrible. Unfinished content, not enough content, terrible shift from killing multiple mobs at once to killing one at a time for less XP than you would with the weaker, easier to kill enemies...

I'll probably end up playing it for another month or two after the trial expires.
I made a Necromancer, and it was boring as hell.