Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Approaches Its End-Game

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Approaches Its End-Game

Agents is rocketing towards next week's mid-season break -- and the big reveal of just what they've been chasing this whole time -- in "Ye Who Enter Here."

Read Full Article

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
I'm kind of messed up from what happened to Mack. He was so great.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Love the comments on other sites calling this episode racist "5 good white guys and the black guy gets it f**k Marvel!". I mean if they wanted to kill a black guy they should have done the other one he hasn't done anything all season.

vid87

May 17, 2010
Isn't this more or less Whedon's MO? Create a likable, nice character everyone naturally gravitates to, the brutally murder them for the sake of drama? It's funny, I never really thought much of him but possibly being killed off makes me think he grew on me a little after all. Maybe he's still alive just long enough to spill whatever it is he was talking about with Bobbi (please don't say she's pulling a triple-cross and they're both with Hydra)?

I too feel weirdly satisfied they finally name-checked the Kree even though news outlets announced as early as last week that it was going to happen. If we do get a 3rd or more Terrigen Mist-ed character, I wonder if it ends up being Bobbi or Ward and we actually get a super powered Mockingbird/Taskmaster after all. Or maybe it fixes Fitz too well and he becomes the world's first psychic?

Other thought: the word "worthy" got tossed around a bit, didn't it? It's probably a little too early, but my thought was since Thor 3 is subtitled "Ragnorok" and the Asgardians are in possession of rage-inducing tech similar to stuff that afflicted Mack, is it possible that we're going to start seeing strange hammers fall from the sky in season 3?

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
It really felt like it was rocketing through as much plot as possible. Never mind the mid-season break, this felt like it was trying to get all the plot out before the series ended!

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Wait. Everyone is acting like Mac is definitely dead. I'm sorry, but most TV shows have taught me that if you don't see the body, assume they are still alive.

Overall, this episode felt more like a setup than a real story. I think I'd feel a lot better about it if I had watched it and the next one back to back. I still liked it with since it built a lot of tension. Also, Skye's dream sequence was awesome.

Also, I know half the main cast is on the plane and all, but giving Hydra the key to using their genocide device is not worth saving the lives of the 6 main characters. Sorry, I just find it hard to believe that May wouldn't have outright shot Raina there just to stop Hydra from having her. Then she could have put a gun to Skye's head and told them she'll kill her too if they don't leave. No way Skye's dad (or War I think) would have allowed that. Worst case scenario is they all die, which IMO is still better than giving Hydra a way to use the Diviner.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Mike Hoffman said:
I'm kind of messed up from what happened to Mack. He was so great.

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
Does anyone else think Mack could have been turned into the MCU version of an Alpha Primitive?

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
As for the secret that Bobbi is keeping, which is important now that she's back with Lance... I'm going to guess that she, while under cover in Hydra, had something to do with Hartley's death.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Worst case scenario is they all die, which IMO is still better than giving Hydra a way to use the Diviner."

I don't see too much harm in handing them over in relation to using the Diviner. It also creates opportunities for Skye to mess with it. And I wonder if Skye-Dad can't also use it. Clearly he's not normal, and thus should be "worthy". Didn't he already touch it to reveal the map or is my memory messing with me?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I would make a bad SHIELD Agent. I would have shot Ward on sight. No question, no nothing. Skye could go over to the plain with HYDRA lacky number fifteen, but Ward would be dead.

Anyway, fun episode. I liked it, although I'm dreading the betrayal that I think is coming. Too many people keep giving each other knowing or concerned looks, so someone is going to do something stupid pretty soon I think.

Whitehall is going to burn. Please burn. Burn burn burn. And The Doctor will have his revenge.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
ritchards said:
It really felt like it was rocketing through as much plot as possible. Never mind the mid-season break, this felt like it was trying to get all the plot out before the series ended!
Seemed to me they where trying to tie up all the subplots for the midseason finale. I'm not sure if it is the case, but it looks like AoS won't be coming back until after Agent Carter is done its run, which means no new Shield for three months after next week.

Or I'm wrong and they just seem to be wrapping up the subplots for the second half of the season's sake. For all we know they'll have another major status quo shift like in season one.

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
I just found it unbelievable that Skye was able to hold her own against Agent 33. Nice fight scene but really, Skye's now not only the super computer hacker she's a master martial artist?

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Winnosh said:
I just found it unbelievable that Skye was able to hold her own against Agent 33. Nice fight scene but really, Skye's now not only the super computer hacker she's a master martial artist?
Not a master, but capable enough to fend off a mind-controlled 33 for a while? After months of being trained by May? A slight stretch, but I'll call it plausible enough for me.

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
bigfatcarp93 said:
Winnosh said:
Not a master, but capable enough to fend off a mind-controlled 33 for a while? After months of being trained by May? A slight stretch, but I'll call it plausible enough for me.
Yeah but this is the same 33 that put May through the wringer just a short while agi.

Drake666

Sep 13, 2010
Winnosh said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
Winnosh said:
Yeah but this is the same 33 that put May through the wringer just a short while agi.
Yeah, and you've got to remember that she'd still lost :)
Hunter saved her ass!

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
Drake666 said:
Winnosh said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
Winnosh said:
Yeah, and you've got to remember that she'd still lost :)
Hunter saved her ass!
Yes she lost, but less than a year ago she didn't even know how to fight, vs someone who's got more than a decade at least of hard combat experience The fight shouldn't have even been close. Hell she was winning at the beginning.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Bob saying something nice about S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1? That's different. I agree this was a good episode, and I don't want Mack to die. Raina, however, deserves it.