Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Review - Episode 22: Beginning of the End

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
This was, without a doubt, my favourite episode this season, purely because of how unapologetic it was. Fuck your logic, this is awesome!

Also, my first thought about the writings was that it was a map of a human mind. Maybe not a human mind I suppose, but a mind. I have no idea whether that would make any kind of sense or not, but it just made me think "mind". Don't know why.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
Coulson's drawing is actually more of a basic logic flow chart. It would be ether the blueprint to build a circuit, or a description of an algorithm. It probably also connects to the events in Age of Ultron in some way so flow chart fits nicely. All be it, the sideways Saturn and overly large circles aren't apart of a standard flow chart. The first diamond, and branch he started with are.

TheGamingClaptrap

Mar 15, 2011
Kenjitsuka said:
"and maybe swim to the surface" <= As a scuba diver I can tell you it's super easy from that depth. The air you breathe is enough to fill your lungs four times at surface level. So you MUST breathe out the entire way up, or your lungs burst. They actually don't do that when we see them rising, so they died. And there is NO way Fitz can go braindead in the short time it takes to get to the surface, even with no air in his lungs.
Actually, I think Fitz was saying that the special SHIELD pod they were in was only at 1 bar pressure (not in those words, admittedly). So they would need the higher pressure air from the canister. (Have also done scuba diving).

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
nekoali said:
The 'incentive packages' happening to be in the same location as everything else.. way to put all your eggs in one basket guys.
I think the idea was that the workers could go see them on breaks. Though that does leave the question of why Ace was there...

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
Why? That doesn't even make sense. "We've captured your loved ones and are holding them hostage to force you to work for us in our illegal enterprise. Oh, but we're keeping them here in the same building so you can go visit them on your 15 minutes. Don't call the cops or anything, okay?" I mean it worked on Mike because he didn't know where they were keeping Ace. And they had an eye camera on him, so they saw everything he did. He couldn't have gone to the cops without his handler knowing it. And that's even beside the point after the big Hydra reveal he was spending most of his non-mission time with Garrett on The Bus.

It just seemed to me that the bad guys were handed a giant sized Idiot Ball in this last episode. Which is all the more jarring that they've made Garrett out to be a very good manipulator of people and always a few steps ahead. Garrett going crazy after the GH injection makes sense that he suddenly started making stupid decisions.. but why were all the plans he set into motion before then suddenly turning out to be incredibly bad?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
TheGamingClaptrap said:
Kenjitsuka said:
"and maybe swim to the surface" <= As a scuba diver I can tell you it's super easy from that depth. The air you breathe is enough to fill your lungs four times at surface level. So you MUST breathe out the entire way up, or your lungs burst. They actually don't do that when we see them rising, so they died. And there is NO way Fitz can go braindead in the short time it takes to get to the surface, even with no air in his lungs.
Actually, I think Fitz was saying that the special SHIELD pod they were in was only at 1 bar pressure (not in those words, admittedly). So they would need the higher pressure air from the canister. (Have also done scuba diving).
I think he made the case that it had somehow pressurized itself so that it wouldn't instantly collapse, and thus they where at around 4 bar. I think he made the case that the extra pressure had depleted the air supply the crate appeared to have rapidly by doing so.

If it was not pressurized, then why did Simmons need to be in deco later with Fury? That is only nescecarry after breating pressurized air for (at least) awhile. Then again, maybe the deco was just there for show/suspense, as I don't think the writers knew or cared enough about the physics involved.

I am thinking I should go rewatch it and listen to those lines again ;)

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
I guess I'd agree there wasn't that much closure and not a lof of the questions were answered, but it was still a solid season finale in my book. If nothing else, it was a thoroughly enjoyable hour of television.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I just watched all of the post-Winter Soldier episodes, and I have to say, it feels like an entirely different show. It's like the first fifteen or so episodes could have been handled in flashbacks, while the last five or so were the main attraction. I think that's what made Firefly so good: everyone already knew what they were doing, the war had already been lost, and they didn't have to waste time gathering up bad guys.
That said, I'm really excited for Season 2. If I'm right, they'll set it up so people new to the show can get right into the action without going through all the stupid episodes we've seen. Also, it seems like the show has been unleashed to a certain extent, with more blood, gore, dead people jokes, and just plain unapologetic momentum. If things keep on moving like they have been, then I think Agents of SHIELD may turn into a pretty amazing show.