*Ahem* So...um, possible info on FROM?s next unknown title

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
https://www.gamesradar.com/dark-sou...e-apparently-teamed-up-to-work-on-a-new-game/

In the unannounced, unnamed title, claims Robertson, your main character would be invading various kingdoms throughout the open world, and killing the leaders within, subsequently gaining the unique powers of each in the process. Now, it's unclear who Spawn Wave and Robertson are getting this intel from, and whether there's any basis to the claim, but the latter does hold credibility as a reliable source for leaks.

The thought of these two combining creative minds to create a massive new IP is almost...well, possibly even better than Kojima and del Toro. It also might rekindle (no pun) my interest in an open world game. Furthermore to think it?s already near completion and we might see it in action in a few months...*chills up spine*

Other thoughts?

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
I think rumors are silly and no something to be believe until concrete details emerge.

Also I think Death Stranding is gonna be stupid AF.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
This... seems like exactly the kind of thing that would be made up as a fake rumour.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Demons Souls Remaster

3D Dot Game Heroes 2(or remaster)

Bloodborne Kart.

MAKE IT HAPPEN FROM!

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I'd like an Armored Core that doesn't have absolute butts for controls(granted the last AC I played was 3, and I heard one of the later ones allow you to have more contemporary FPS style controls?).

True or not, I'm always going to be wary of random big names from outside the game industry suddenly taking a poke in. And if the game takes as long to make as GRRM writes his books.....

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Sounds a bit too much like an early April fools. I can't imagine this actually being a thing. Miyazaki's meditative and solemn adventures are so far removed from GRRM's sex and debauchery in GoT. They are like polar opposites. The premise of the game also sounds really unfocused and not at all Fromsoftware. Bogus article if you ask me.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Wings012 said:
I'd like an Armored Core that doesn't have absolute butts for controls(granted the last AC I played was 3, and I heard one of the later ones allow you to have more contemporary FPS style controls?).

True or not, I'm always going to be wary of random big names from outside the game industry suddenly taking a poke in. And if the game takes as long to make as GRRM writes his books.....

If it?s true that?s probably why it?s been taking so long; he?d have been writing this game.

I don?t think Gamesradar would?ve posted if it wasn?t anything more than pure rumor. Unless they?re really stupid.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I heard that this was going to be too easy with a standard controller, so you have to wear a electrode hat and control the characters with your mind. The technology doesn't exist yet, but that's what makes it a challenge.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wings012 said:
Nexus (and last raven it's sequel) is similar to 3 in gameplay but they changed the control so you can actually use analogue stick for movement/aiming.

4 and for answer also use analogue stick for aiming and such, but the gameplay is somewhat different (you can boost pretty much forvever with mostly aerial combat, not many mission that involve exploring base and such)

5 and verdict day have weird control scheme where you have to switch between different control mode depending on if you want to move around or fight. I do not recommend.

Would love AC6...