Ahh inconvenient.

Jetut

Jun 11, 2010
Well lets jump in shall we. So I return from a long weekend away from the 360 only to return to find over 2000 of my points gone and 30 remaining (which I was planning to use tomorrow on minecraft sad face) and fifa 12 on my recently played list (with three achivements all that were all unlocked today). At first I was thinking my brother was the culprit and I was about to kill him until I realised that his game broke A long time ago so some scallywags must of got a hold of some infomation. And now I have been suspended for three days so microsoft can find the gits. Huff....ah well back to Clannad for the moment. just wanted to vent and here seemed like a good spot.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
That sucks, the first thing I'd do is make a list of all the people I knew who could have determined the password in some way. If your password refers to something you really enjoy than it's likely a friend who knows you enjoy it.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Clannad is a very good choice in entertainment, completely heart wrenching, but good entertainment.

This has happened a few time with people who own FIFA games I think, at least I remember some other stories about it a while back. Sounded fairly common.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
I'm seeing a trend that most stories I hear of stolen profiles always involve FIFA games in some way. Either MS point were spent on something for it or, like the op, he suddenly had it in his game history.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Contact Microsoft.

FIFA-scamming is a known issue.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/04/xbox-live-fifa-hack-concerns-continue-to-escalate-microsoft-s/

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Well, they bought a Football/soccer game, so you know they aren't American...

captcha: total shamble

Zombies?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Yups, I had the same thing happen to me and it's a common 133t h@x0r move...well, not really, just some people guessing your password based on other sites.

You have two options:
1. Contact Microsoft. They will get it reversed and investigate it. The downside? It takes them a month to do so and your account is locked during that time :( On the plus side, they do give you a free month to create a new account during the downtime.

2. Change your password and let it go (That's what I did...Modern Warfare 3 was about to come out! Stop judging me!!! :). This "hack" is caused by you having your email and password on one site being the same as your user name and password on Xbox Live. Just change it and have it unique, should cause this to not happen again.

Good luck!

Although you said three days...does that mean they've streamlined it and it's much quicker?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Something like this happened to my brother not to long ago. One day he found that someone had gotten access to his account but that person didn't do much. Really the only reason that we know someone did it is because they played just enough of Mass Effect to get one achievement on it and nothing else.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Fijiman said:
Something like this happened to my brother not to long ago. One day he found that someone had gotten access to his account but that person didn't do much. Really the only reason that we know someone did it is because they played just enough of Mass Effect to get one achievement on it and nothing else.
I'm oddly amused by this. I imagine some person who just steals people's accounts to win them achievements.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
chadachada123 said:
Contact Microsoft.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/04/xbox-live-fifa-hack-concerns-continue-to-escalate-microsoft-s/
Yeah, I knew I read about this exact thing happening some time ago. On a thread here. Almost the exact same post honestly. I think that was when I stopped playing on Xbox Live. Anyway OP, that sucks and I'm sorry for you. Why did you have those MS points on your account though? Personally when I bought cards I would use them immediately, buying them in the first place only when I knew there was something on the marketplace that I knew I wanted. That's just me though.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
chadachada123 said:
Contact Microsoft.

Might want to try EA, if that doesn't work; from what I remember, it was EA's login servers that were hacked, not Microsoft's.

Jetut

Jun 11, 2010
I got in contact with microsoft as soon as I knew it was a hack and they suspended my account while they traced it. And I never use the same password twice. But at least it didn't get the red ring.