Aion Bug Awards Players Trillions in Currency

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
That character in the picture jumped out of a window because the money is worthless now.

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
If this had happened to me I would have immediately switched my character to another server, before the rollback, and taken all that lovely gold with me.

P00dle

Feb 1, 2009
does Kinahs have a real sell value like the wow-gold?
If so maybe some fast thinking person could have gotten pretty rich from this bug if he sold it before people knew about the glitch.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Marohen said:
Well, it's good to see that all five people playing Aion are now doing well for themselves!
All 5 people are doing well, unlike the other 5 million that also play.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
1,000,000,000,000,000 (I believe that is a Trillion, 1000billion, or 1000 1000 Million)

Or is a billion a million million? (and does that make trillion a billion billion)

And which one occured in the game; anyone know?

Also be "nice" to see a bug with an in-game reccession where players suddenly have to pay loads to keep in game banks etc. Compare with how the real world works and see how viable a model of a real economy an MMORPG is. There was that whole tainted blood thing with WoW awhile back that apparently was a model for infectious diseases (to some extent)

hansari

May 31, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
As awesome as it would be to log in to a game and find myself rich beyond belief, an in-game economy is so important that I personally would probably have returned at least 33 trillion Kinah if his happened to me. The other trillion would be my reward
Reward?

Wouldn't logging in to find that cash just be sheer dumb luck?

Still...what you bring up is interesting. Imagine if, rather than risk becoming the butt of jokes, heads of an MMO decided to make a deal with you and to keep things "hush-hush". The quietly roll out a patch to quickly fix the problem...

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
messy said:
1,000,000,000,000,000 (I believe that is a Trillion, 1000billion, or 1000 1000 Million)

Or is a billion a million million? (and does that make trillion a billion billion)

And which one occured in the game; anyone know?

Also be "nice" to see a bug with an in-game reccession where players suddenly have to pay loads to keep in game banks etc. Compare with how the real world works and see how viable a model of a real economy an MMORPG is. There was that whole tainted blood thing with WoW awhile back that apparently was a model for infectious diseases (to some extent)
A "British Billion" is a million million, but the billion everyone everywhere uses is a thousand million. Not sure why it's called a British billion, that's just the name I've heard. A standard billion is a thousand million, a standard trillion being a million million. In the other terms, a "British Trillion" would be a million billion - a one followed by eighteen zeroes. A number not used simply because it is wholly unnecessary.

As such, the Aion players had 35 000,000,000,000 kinah to play with.