Airbrushed Dreamcasts Paint a Pretty Glorious Picture

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Airbrushed Dreamcasts Paint a Pretty Glorious Picture

If you're a Dreamcast fan, then these custom-painted consoles are going to make you drool.

It's hard to find a console more beloved than Sega's Dreamcast. Even though it was discontinued in 2001, games are still being developed for the system, and - speaking from personal experience - some of the original games have actually aged pretty well. Apparently developers aren't the only fans still creating content for the consoles, seeing as how an airbrush artist has started gaining a lot of attention for his custom paint jobs.

German Artist Torsten Rachu actually airbrushes a just about anything you can imagine, including jackets, helmets, motorcycles, and game consoles. The latter includes current-gen systems, as well as a stunning collection of custom Dreamcast designs.

You can see a wide variety of sample Dreamcasts on Rachu's website. I'm particularly enamored with the Jet Set Radio design, but the Resident Evil: Code Veronica one is pretty cool, too. Sadly, there doesn't appear to be a Sonic the Hedgehog Dreamcast on the site.

Source: Geek.com

Apr 28, 2008
*drools*

The Jet Set Radio one is great, as well as the Shenmue one.

I'm sorry

I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

And its true. It is awesome. So awesome.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Cool stuff, but Ima let you know...PS2 won that gen, hands down.

TLatshaw

Aug 30, 2010
Holy cow. I think "airbrush" and automatically picture cheap-looking T-shirts. This stuff is great!

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Hmmm... I never had or played a Dreamcast, so it may just be me, but I don't see the big deal. I would say the PS2, N64, and Xbox were all better and more important consoles. I was really surprised to learn that there are Dreamcast games still being made.

Very nice designs, though.

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
ThaBenMan said:
Hmmm... I never had or played a Dreamcast, so it may just be me, but I don't see the big deal. I would say the PS2, N64, and Xbox were all better and more important consoles. I was really surprised to learn that there are Dreamcast games still being made.

Very nice designs, though.
the only truly amazing thing about the Dreamcsat was Segas ability to destroy their own hardware business.
It was truly remarkable; the thing was an arcade machine stuck into a home console case, all they had to do was a few quick edits of most arcade games to make them home user friendly and release for Dreamcast. That was a brilliant plan simple, cost effective and you could literally promise arcade quality gaming at home (at the time something that still interested people) it looked like the bulletproof console and yet...

The reason there's games still being made? those of us who bought the machine have kept using them. Some of those small companies still selling games are from the homebrew scene which being small was quite close knit and supportive of each other.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Talk about pimp your console! Still giving them a spark of life even now!