Aircraft Carrier For Sale.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
Hey Greenpeace,
Want to drive the Whale Wars ratings into the sky?

200 million can get you that.
I would love to see that.

The dumb fuckers can't even maintain a speedboat properly, much less the ships they use now. The biggest problem they have is with the engines, which nobody bothers or has the expertise to fix or maintain.

Now if they can barely handle the Bob Barker and the Steve Irwin, how the fuck are they going to handle a 10,000 aircraft carrier and its massively complicated engine?

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
We could just steal it. *shrug* We can hide it at the safe house in Bravil, meet back three days later, scuttle the (other) ship and split the proceeds four ways.

What?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Timotei said:
I would love to see that.

The dumb fuckers can't even maintain a speedboat properly, much less the ships they use now. The biggest problem they have is with the engines, which nobody bothers or has the expertise to fix or maintain.

Now if they can barely handle the Bob Barker and the Steve Irwin, how the fuck are they going to handle a 10,000 aircraft carrier and its massively complicated engine?
I was joking, you know.
The ship for sale doesn't even have engines; they would have to buy and maintain them.

Now there's a reality TV show in the making..."Extreme Makeover: Aircraft Carrier Edition".

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Sounds like an opportunity for Richard Branston to buy it and turn it into a luxury hotel, WITH a landing strip for your private jet.. yes...

I'd buy it its old MOD stuff so it should last until the end of known time, if you fly the British flag from it you will be praised by many tabloids and then get lots of money to get it up and running again, finally, wouldn't it be awesome to own one?

+ you could charge America to land their jets on it.. hehe

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Cool the keel was laid down in my hometown, wonder if their going to make an artificial reef out of whats left after they have stipped most of the metal out

rebus_forever

Jan 28, 2009
Lord Kloo said:
Sounds like an opportunity for Richard Branston to buy it and turn it into a luxury hotel, WITH a landing strip for your private jet.. yes...

I'd buy it its old MOD stuff so it should last until the end of known time, if you fly the British flag from it you will be praised by many tabloids and then get lots of money to get it up and running again, finally, wouldn't it be awesome to own one?

+ you could charge America to land their jets on it.. hehe

no no no no no no no no, no.

the usa have only one jet I think made state side that could land on it, other than that as already stated British aircraft carriers were budget buys, really only suitable for helicopters, change all of what you said about anything relating to air planes and allow me to not have to slam my own nations choice of aircraft carrier any further, the French have better aircraft carriers ffs: (

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
solbadguy37 said:
How am I being silly? This would be a legitimate purchase plus it's recycling. if every member of the escapist pitched in $1 we would have enough to buy it and go on an escapist cruise and visit yahtzee.
U Jelly Ahlycks?
Well I guess if there is enough of us even the lack of engines wont be an issue, we can just row :D

HappyHacker

Dec 20, 2007
solbadguy37 said:
Today you can bid on a 1980 Vickers Aircraft Carrier on edisposals.com.
Even though this ship isn't in working order, in it's current state, I think we, the escapist forum users should each pitch in to purchase this ship in the hopes of creating a mobile escapist headquarters.

Sale by Tender - HMS Invincible

HMS Invincible is for sale by tender. Laid down in 1973 at Vickers Shipbuilding, Barrow-in-Furness, she was completed in 1980. She is currently stable for tow, subject to buyer confirmation.
Displacement - Current 17000 Tonnes
Estimated metal weight - 10000 Tonnes
Estimated metal % - 95% mild steel
Length - OA 210m, W/L 193m
Draught - Fwd 5.2m, Mid 5.8m, Aft 5.8m
Beam - Extreme 35m, Ex-walkways 32m, W/L 27.53m
Height - 46m (estimated at current draught
Engines - Removed
Generators and Pumps - Generally unserviceable or not working
hmm sounds like a perfect new base for my naferius plots all i would have to do is install a mass effect drive and i would be golden, china your days are numberd....

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Anybody else want to chip in to buy this thing? We're going to sail under the flag of /b/, laying waste to micronations, and trolling the seven high seas! :D
[small]I've always wanted to command my own ship...[/small]

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Maybe Bill Gates could find a use for it.

Or maybe Blizzard. I bet blizzard could find a great use for.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
HankMan said:
No Engine? Doesn't matter.
Three words:
EPIC LAZER TAG
You sir are win. Don't forget Nurf wars, paintball, heck if we could get power to a section we could build a massive lan.