Alan Wake to be sold with free copies of Too Human

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
That's when you know a game official isn't relevant; when the only way to get your game out there is to give it away for free.

TheAmazingTGIF

Friday Only Superhero
Aug 5, 2009
I couldn't even finish the demo of Too Human.
Oh well, it is not like I will be going to Zavvi anytime soon for anything.

asgardmothership

Jan 17, 2010
Dok Zombie said:
But how did I know NOTHING about this game until this thread?

Seriously, I can't believe I've missed something that has had so much hype behind it, and I like to think I'm pretty active in keeping up with gaming news. It's just totally passed me by.

It does look bloody amazing though, and in the last ten minutes I've spent with google/wikipedia/youtube I've got myself suitably excited to buy it. It's like Twin Peaks meets Silent Hill, what's not to like?
Yes, don't let my thread mislead you, the only reason I noticed this is because I have been so hyped about Alan Wake I was looking for the best place to pre-order a copy, something I never do. Since I looked into this game over the last few months I must've read every preview and seen every developer commentary, "building a thriller" is an excellent one for an overview. The spookiness of the X-files with the episodic style of 24 sounds like a winning combination for me!

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
DoctorNick said:
As a hopeless mutant who actually played Two Worlds all the way through and even got EVERY SINGLE 360 achievement for it (So I am no stranger to awful games.) then let me say that if they are willing to give me the entire game for free then I'll probably play it out of spite and masochism if nothing else.

I expect many Jello shots will be involved in the process.
Best hope they're Vodka Jello shots...

DoctorNick

Oct 31, 2007
olikunmissile said:
DoctorNick said:
As a hopeless mutant who actually played Two Worlds all the way through and even got EVERY SINGLE 360 achievement for it (So I am no stranger to awful games.) then let me say that if they are willing to give me the entire game for free then I'll probably play it out of spite and masochism if nothing else.

Best hope they're Vodka Jello shots...
Well of course they would be.

What else would I make them out of? Rum? Vermouth? BOURBON!?!

Madness!

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
DoctorNick said:

Two Worlds? It's Too Human that's getting shipped with Alan Wake.

This news doesn't affect me. I'm sorta on the fence about Alan Wake - but even if I choose to buy it, I don't preorder games in the first place.

Mind you, it's not that wierd for games to come with another game for free. Wind Waker came with 2 copies of Ocarina of Time that could be played on Gamecube (one was the original and the other was Master Quest which was different because... I didn't play it enough to find out). I've forgotten what the game is - it might've been Darksiders - but I read that Red Faction 3 came for free with it.

Too Human, though? Really?

DoctorNick

Oct 31, 2007
plastic_window said:
DoctorNick said:

Two Worlds? It's Too Human that's getting shipped with Alan Wake.
Yes, I understand that.

The point I was trying to make is that a game once-in-hand has to be really putrid before I'll absolutely refuse to play it, so once a copy of Too Human is within my ownership it is going to get played.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
Am I the only one who actually wouldn't mind getting a free game? Mediocre is mediocre, but free is free and free mediocricity is't mediocre because it's free!

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
Its free,a free game, if someone came up to me in the street and said, here have a cookie, oh, and you can have this rock for free, id still take it,COS ITS FREE!

DoctorNick

Oct 31, 2007
-Zen- said:
DoctorNick said:

What else would I make them out of? BOURBON!?!

Madness!
Why not bourbon? It's the only liquor that doesn't suck on its own.
So says you, different strokes and all of that I guess.

All alcohol tastes like foul firewater to me, so the entire point of Jello shots is that it renders it into a sweet, fruity and easily devoured form. Vodka is cheap and strong, I personally don't know why you'd bother to make JELLO SHOTS with something higher-shelf.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
So bad, they can't even GIVE it away, they have to force people to get it with another game.

Even being a huge 360 fan, I hated Too Human. A third person game where the right stick does anything but control the camera is a bad idea. Because of this, during the demo I missed a hallway could have had driven five semi trucks through side by side.

ClunkiestTurtle

Feb 19, 2010
You couldn't even pay me to play that game again it was so tortuously horrible so i would rather just not buy Alan Wake to avoid facing it again...

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
I think its a trick, you see Alan Wake is going to be a decent game ( not brilliant) and so when you play through the first part, and think "meh its pretty good" you will take it out and put Too Human in, play it, compare it, and then come to the conclusion that Alan Wake is not just good, as previously thought, but instead the best game ever, thus driving up hype and sales

welcome to the wonderful world of marketing.

IrateDonnie

Apr 1, 2010
They did sort of the same thing with Darksiders, except they gave you a code to redeem for a free copy of Red Faction Guerrila. Surprisingly RFG isn't that bad of a game unlike Too Human.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
DoctorNick said:
-Zen- said:
DoctorNick said:

What else would I make them out of? BOURBON!?!

Madness!
Why not bourbon? It's the only liquor that doesn't suck on its own.
So says you, different strokes and all of that I guess.

All alcohol tastes like foul firewater to me, so the entire point of Jello shots is that it renders it into a sweet, fruity and easily devoured form. Vodka is cheap and strong, I personally don't know why you'd bother to make JELLO SHOTS with something higher-shelf.
Come to think of it, bourbon wouldn't do well as Jello, would it?

Disregard my statement. I wasn't thinking properly.