Albert Wesker Playable in Special Resident Evil 0 Remake Mode

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Albert Wesker Playable in Special Resident Evil 0 Remake Mode

Physical release also announced.

Capcom has revealed a new mode in the upcoming HD remake of Resident Evil 0 which allows players to take control of central villain Albert Wesker. A trailer announcing the feature has been released.

In the trailer, it's shown that Wesker will have access to some special abilities, able to dash quickly through environments and destroy zombies with his flashing eyes. Rebecca Chambers remains as a partner character in the mode, with Wesker replacing Billy Coen. The two characters will also have special, themed costumes for the mode.

Along with the new addition, Capcom has announced a physical release for the remake of Resident Evil 0. The disc will also include a copy of the Resident Evil remake released earlier this year. The package will be released on January 19 in North America.

[gallery=4647]

The digital version of Resident Evil 0 has yet to be specifically dated for release, with Capcom sticking to an early 2016 window to release it on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Source: Capcom [http://www.capcom-unity.com/neilgortz/blog/2015/09/01/announcing-resident-evil-origins-collection-plus-wesker-mode]

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I'm not sure what to think about this. Sure, it looks fun. But it looks fun for like 10 minutes at best, probably less. Like you got the gimmicks and whatever, but it seems cheap and lazy, like if they just added...I dunno, Darth Vader or a Blood Angel.

Sure, its sorta neat to hit a G-Virus zombie monkey with a chainsword, but...

...actually I got nothing for that. Carry on Capcom.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
....Well I'm totally sold and probably getting it no matter what on release date now xP

Already I'm positively biased towards coop games, but Wesker is the best thing from resi evil imo (actually lost interest completely after Resi evil 5, cos without Wesker what's the point?), hope there's a button to do an evil laugh somewhere.

It's a gimmick, but on me this particular gimmick is 100% effective.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Time to post this little gem.

Wesker in RE0 sounds like he's pretty fucking OP, but it might be quite a lot of fun to play as him :)

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
While I love the super crazy cheat-codey nonsense of this mode, I kinda wish they would have used Pre-Resi 1 Wesker.
I remember one of the Wii lightgun games showed both him and William Birkin were nearby when the events of RE0 was going down, could have done a mode with them, just have William be the whiney one :p

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Resident Evil 0 HD REMASTER. REMASTER REMASTER REMASTER REMASTER REMASTER REMASTER REMASTER REMASTER REMASTER REMASTER. Nothing is being remade. Get your terminology correct ffs.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
They should have instead confirmed the Billy is Nemesis theory by having a Nemesis mode instead. It does make a lot of sense though, I mean Billy is virtually indestructible like the Nemesis after all.