Album of the year.

niege

Aug 16, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
niege said:
Ironiclast by The Damned Things
Because it brought three band i loved into one
Anthrax, Fall Out Boy and Every Time I Die
And that album is fucking awesome. We've Got A Situation Here has an awesome video too.

It's either that or:
Motorhead- The World Is Yours
Stone Sour- Audio Secrecy
Avenged Sevenfold- Nightmare
Trash Talk- Eyes & Nines
Cancer Bats- Bears, Mayors, Scraps & Bones
Rolo Tomassi- Cosmology
Slash
The music video to We've Got A Situation Here is so funny and when you see how crappy Rob puts the guitar back together i was about to spit my coke on the screen because i laughed so hard.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Probably the best thing I've heard from this year is The Sword- Warp Riders. I seem to discover bands and listen to old music, without hearing new releases. To be honest, I felt last year was better.

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
Toasty Virus said:
The Scott Pilgrim soundtrack

I HEART YOU SEX BOB-OMB WOOOO
Good choice, you should check out beck(choose the songs and also wrote a few songs on the score)and you might also like the pixies

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Pendulum's Immersion, no question. Absolute monster of an album, taking all their best stuff from the past albums and combining them into perfection.
Hard to pick favorite songs, but The Vulture, Salt In The Wounds, Witchcraft, Crush, The Island I & II and Comprachicos have got to be them.

Fridge

Jun 25, 2009
hecticpicnic said:
So my fellow escapees(im sure thats how you spell it)
what is your favourite album of the year.If you don't buy albums what was you favourite song.
Mine are: 3.Gonjasufi-a sufi and a killer,not for the faint of heart one of
th most extreme hip-hop(not even sure if you could call it that) i've ever heard.
2.Lcd soundsystem-this is happening, if the was such a thing as Dance-punk
this is it(more post-punk so if you think it will be heay don't check it out).
1.Gorillaz-plastic beach,great production and song variaty.The songs seem to get better the more you listen to them.
Also im curious to see if you bought you favourite album of the year.
That would be oddly enough 'Album Of The Year' by Faith No More. I've yet to find an album to beat it, with the possible exception of Metallica's S&M.

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
I can't choose between:
Mumford & Sons: Sigh No More (Although it was originally released in 09 in the UK, it didn't come out in America until February of 2010)
Eminem: Recovery
Cee-Lo Green: The Lady Killer

I also really enjoyed:
Broken Bells' Album
The Black Keys: Brothers
Chiddy Bang: The Preview (Yeah, I know it's technically an EP, it is still awesome!)

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
Also im wondering what albums you listened to while playing games(if you do)last year.
Happy Neew year 16 minuets ago(im from ireland if your wondering about time zones)

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
CrashBang said:
So yeah my top 3 albums:
Parkway Drive - Deep Blue
The Damned Things - Ironiclast
The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang
You're SO right, BMTH and DSHS really did something new; something hard to come by these days.

Gotta say though, I totally forgot about Deep Blue, it's a cracker!

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
For me, it's a very close call between Immersion by Pendulum and Plastic Beach by the Gorillaz. I can't pick. One's fun and lighthearted, and sets a good mood, the other is just such genius and epicness of unimaginable standards.

Well this is going to take a while....

The Only

Sep 23, 2009
MY vote is for Diamond Eyes by Deftones
its sooo awesome. it has not left my CD player still

Spongebobdickpants

Oct 6, 2009
Captain Pirate said:
Pendulum's Immersion, no question. Absolute monster of an album, taking all their best stuff from the past albums and combining them into perfection.
Hard to pick favorite songs, but The Vulture, Salt In The Wounds, Witchcraft, Crush, The Island I & II and Comprachicos have got to be them.
You read my mind man sick album and you picked the best songs as your favourites :p.Album of the year 2011 the prodigy's new album cause they always kick ass.

skips

Feb 2, 2009
Tossup between 'Nalle - Wilder Shores of Love' and 'Big Blood - Dark Country Magic.'

I'd probably give it to the latter though.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
I'm currently loving Punk Goes Pop 3 Compilation album, Family Force 5 cover of bulletproof
makes my day every time, in fact I love all the songs on there.

Something beautiful about catchy yet annoying pop songs covered by better bands, in my opinion.

That's the only recent album I have acquired I didn't even know it was released this year until I just checked up. Rather than look for new releases all the time, I just find anything that's new to me or revisit stuff I love so I rarely actually end up with any songs from the current year :3.

NoseDigger

Aug 25, 2009
4x4=12 by deadmau5
Feed Me's Big Adventure by Feed Me
Humbug by Arctic Monkeys
Aaaaand
Invaders Must Die by The Prodigy

I can't pick one. They're all so good!

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
hecticpicnic said:
2.Lcd soundsystem-this is happening, if the was such a thing as Dance-punk
Excellent album. "All I Want" sounds amazing when driving around in a car with the windows down. Something about air rushing by enhances it.

My top 5 albums of 2010:
1. Laura Marling - I Speak Because I can
2. Punch Brothers - Antifogmatic
3. Frightened Rabbit - The Winter of Mixed Drinks
4. LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
5. Vampire Weekend - Contra