Album Turns Secret of Mana Soundtrack Into Lullabies

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Album Turns Secret of Mana Soundtrack Into Lullabies

Prescription for Sleep: Lullabies of Mana features 12 tracks based on Secret of Mana.

Scarlet Moon Records announced today the release of the latest album from their Prescription for Sleep: Game Music Lullabies series, this time with an exclusive focus on Secret of Mana. Prescription for Sleep: Lullabies of Mana features 11 tracks from Hiroki Kikuta's Secret of Mana soundtrack, arranged and performed by GENTLE LOVE - saxophonist Norihiko Hibino (Metal Gear Solid, Bayonetta series) and pianist AYAKI (Etrian Odyssey, PersonaQ) - with an additional track inspired by the game.

"I had been constantly tempted to pick tracks from Secret of Mana for our first two compilations, mainly because the music is so soothing in its original form, so I thought the next evolution of the series would be an entire album dedicated to one game," Scarlet Moon Records Producer Jayson Napolitano said. "I couldn't think of a title whose imagery and themes align more with what GENTLE LOVE is trying to accomplish, and having spent my childhood playing this game and humming the soundtrack, it's a real treat for me to listen to Prescription for Sleep: Lullabies of Mana each and every time. I hope it resonates with fans of Secret of Mana and inspires those who haven't played it to go back and do so!"

Prescription for Sleep: Lullabies of Mana is available through Loudr [https://loudr.fm/release/prescription-for-sleep-lullabies-of-mana/7Mdn3].

Here is a sample from track two of the album, titled A Phantom... and Rose....

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I hate that saxophone; so shrill!!!

But I looooove The Secret of Mana, such a timeless classic!!!!!!!!

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Ewww, dat screechy sax. Can't imagine falling asleep to that. Then again, I find dense hip-hop beats (like the Bomb Squad stuff on the earlier Public Enemy albums) often work for me. Dunno, is that weird?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ummmm....yeah...this just made my Christmas list. :3

Probably wouldn't be able to fall asleep to it, but that's some damn beautiful and chill music.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Sounds like the Kenny G version of my favorite soundtrack.
I have no right to complain though, having already fiddled around with remixes and instrumentation of the same score.

Sax aside, it's still really good music.