Alec Baldwin faces involuntary manslaughter charge over deadly “Rust” shooting

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Soooo. Shows over folks. Please make sure not to leave any personal items in your seats and dispose of any trash in the cans by the exits.

You can read the details online, but its pretty bad. One of the prosecutors resigned. Essentially they either screwed up like Simple Jack bad and straight ate the evidence like it was homework or lied and then went on the witness stand and lied again.

It amounted to an indisputable Brady violation and the case was dismissed with prejudice. Baldwin might just be the luckiest man alive today.

Last edited:

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
To clarify, apparently a friend of the father of the armorer on Rust turned ammunition to authorities, as the friend thought it could be relevant to the case. However, the prosecution filed the ammunition as evidence separate from the Rust case, and called herself to the stand to explain why she felt the ammunition wasn't actually Rust evidence.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Lame, weak. I get it, not gonna dispute it, but talk about a major bungle and loss for justice.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
To clarify, apparently a friend of the father of the armorer on Rust turned ammunition to authorities, as the friend thought it could be relevant to the case. However, the prosecution filed the ammunition as evidence separate from the Rust case, and called herself to the stand to explain why she felt the ammunition wasn't actually Rust evidence.
It gets worse the judge gave them a chance that maybe the bullets really were irrelevant, and pulled the bullet cartridge box in to review for the court. At least one bullet clearly matched the ammo on set.

Judge was beyond frustrated and upset.

Apparently the prosecution had already pulled some shenanigans, but man this was a total lottery ticket for Baldwin.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
One of my favorite studio albums as a kid was Randy Travis' second album, Always & Forever, released in May 1987. You know, back when country music was country music. Great album, it had multiple singles that individually hit #1 on both Billboard's and RPM's country music singles charts. Some of those were re-recordings of tracks written and published earlier in his career, that hadn't gotten the critical acclaim they rightly deserved. My second favorite of those was his song, "I Told You So", released as a single in June of 1988, which spent two weeks number one on Billboard's Hot Country Music chart.

It was later recorded as a duet with Carrie Underwood in 2009, which is not just a heartfelt rendition but incredibly nostalgic and evocative of Travis' earlier career.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I went back to see what Eacaraxe was crowing about being right, since this case is a dud and saw this post again.

On the contrary. Having a real world example only helps.
Jokes on everyone, legal theory untested.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I went back to see what Eacaraxe was crowing about being right, since this case is a dud and saw this post again.
Well, it was more "Baldwin will never be convicted and the prosecutors are idiots", but I'll be honest, I didn't expect them to be this idiotic. This is like "Amber Heard taking the stand against the advice of her own attorneys" stupid, but with the bonus the prosecutors are also attorneys (at least, in name) and should fucking know better.

If that dipshit doesn't get disbarred, I'll be very disappointed.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Well, it was more "Baldwin will never be convicted and the prosecutors are idiots", but I'll be honest, I didn't expect them to be this idiotic. This is like "Amber Heard taking the stand against the advice of her own attorneys" stupid, but with the bonus the prosecutors are also attorneys (at least, in name) and should fucking know better.

If that dipshit doesn't get disbarred, I'll be very disappointed.
Yeah I mean, nobody's armchair legal analysis gets tested. Prosecutors too dumb to breathe.