Alien Prequel Is Neither an Alien Movie Nor a Prequel

Discrodia

Dec 7, 2008
Somehow this makes me both sad that there won't be another aliens movie but happy that at least that means they can't really screw it up (any more than the crossovers did at least).

Gonna check it out anyway, Scott's a damn good director.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Shit. I was really looking forward to Ridley Scott doing another Alien movie (because Alien is better than Aliens - take that, Cameron fans!)

This... doesn't really raise the same level of interest.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
An Alien movie without an actual Alien?, now I'm intrigued, to say the least.

Also, THIS

HankMan said:
http://www.ibreak4bacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/she-ronald-says-gtfo.jpg

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
While I hope I can enjoy this movie, I mourn the loss of another Alien movie. I really feel like some of the books would make great movies.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
it will probably have more in common with xcom then the new xcom game

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Wait so what does it have to do with Alien? I mean if it's without xenomorphs, isn't part of the same timeline, and is in a totally different universe, why do we keep saying that it has to do with Alien? Is it a spiritual successor or something similar. That might be good... or not. Whatever, I'll see what it's like when it comes out.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
no space said:
Anyone else think the "strands of Alien's DNA" we'll see will just be a little chest-burster in a jar of alcohol or something as an easter egg?
No doubt.

I think it's an interesting move. Until we get concrete information, it'd be wise to hold this at arms length and consider that it might just be a publicity/brand association thing. However, it could be set in the same canon universe, or simply have similar atmosphere/themes.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
In Greek myth Prometheus was a titan that stole fire from the God's and gave it to mankind, so here's hoping it's actually a relevant name unlike so many other times they use "cool" words.

domicius

Apr 2, 2008
>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the upcoming Sherlock Holmes sequel

No it's not!
O wait...

domicius

Apr 2, 2008

No it's not!
O wait...

domicius

Apr 2, 2008

No it's not!
O wait...

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Indeed, I remember reading the books and seeing millions of aliens storming human city's, linking across skyscrapers with thick bridge-like strands of xenomorphs clambering over each other like ants.

Now that's an apocalypse I can get behind!