Aliens vs. Predator Hunter Edition Confirmed

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Ranooth said:
I hope that make the box spring loaded so that when you open it that facehugger flies onto your face, that would be AWESOME!
Awesome idea, but in the states surely that would be a lawsuit waiting to happen :p

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Seeing as I already have that comic... Not bothered by the supposedly better US version.
Still getting Hunter edition in the UK however.

I want to go to there.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
So...I guess they're 100% positive that this game will actually be commercially and critically successful?

ASnogarD

Jul 2, 2009
Dont care about the toys, but am dissapointed that there will be in game stuff that you need to be rich to play, aka the maps.

I also think its a slap in the chops for the PC gamers... yet another previous PC game franchise goes console and kicks the old fans in the nuts in passing.
Seems developers forget very fast who got them to where they are, and only see players as a market pie chart.
(before the inevitable flames regarding PC gamers being elitist , I dont think the console is any less of a platform but am getting sick of seeing all the old PC franchises being made to console games , and then a PC port if your lucky...and usually a half arsed attempt at the port too)

As for boycotting ? Half the brats signing it will be first in line to buy it, dont know what a boycott really means... just like to bluff and the devs know it, thats why gamers opinions are safe to ignore.

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
Man, I couldn't sleep with one of those in my room. I'd be sticking with the normal version even if it was available for PC.
This.

Even if I did buy it for the other stuff, the Facehugger would be going on ebay so fast.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Sexcellent. Can't wait 'till I get my face-hug on.

I'm not that big of a model-collecter kinda guy, so I'll give this special edition a pass. Looking forward to the game, though. I hope this gets a good following online - it sounds like an absolute riot so long as there's enough people to play with.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
ASnogarD said:
I also think its a slap in the chops for the PC gamers... yet another previous PC game franchise goes console and kicks the old fans in the nuts in passing.
Ehh, they probably worry that it wont sell enough on the PC to make all that extra content worth providing. Nobody wants a warehouse full of Facehuggers. Of course things like this are exactly what helps curb piracy, I know plenty of blokes who buy the more expenisve edition rather than pirating it for the extra stuff that comes with it.

I want the game but I don't really care about the extra stuff myself. The book looks cool and the map pack I'll end up getting anyway, but everything else just seems like a bit of a waste.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Eh, i will watch this thread closely for the laughs that will come from my fellow PC gamers complaining...

I wouldn't be able to go near the thing myself.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Do want. That would be brilliant for halloween....
wait for my flatmates to come in to my room, ill be lying on the kitchen floor spazzing out with it on my face. <3 uni.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
RobCoxxy said:
Do want. That would be brilliant for halloween....
wait for my flatmates to come in to my room, ill be lying on the kitchen floor spazzing out with it on my face. <3 uni.
I lol'd at that.

"Trick Or Treat!"

"Holy Shi-"

OT: Hunter Edition eh? The name is quite dull. It has no Predator merchandise might as well be called "AVP:Special Edition. Add a predator mask. That will get 'em rolling in.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I don't typically go in for collectors editions, but the facehugger might have convinced me otherwise.

I say might because they can take a long walk off a short pier if they think I'm purchasing or playing this on anything other than a PC - it's a bloody FPS!

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
curse you americans and your graphic novel!!!!! i want it lol

im gonna put the facehugger on when i wake up in the morning so when my girlfriend wakes up and looks over at me she will be in for a suprise!!!!!

ha ha ha she hates those things