Aliens Vs Predator Video Review.

Xirdarch

Dec 13, 2009
Nice review, you stumble through a few of your words about halfway through and some wording could have been rearranged for a more professional feel "the plot starts out a bit confusing, but then the plot picks up half way through" (i think) stuck out to me, i didn't feel natural.

The flow breaks about 2 or 3 times with strange pauses getting jutted in, almost like when the kids would read allowed in school and pause halfway through a sentance as they read the next half.

The review itself was full of heart and thats nice to hear, i don't know how long you've been at this but it was good to hear and having played the game in its entirety, i franky agree with you. Just polish the presentaion and you'll be a pro in no time.

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
Not bad, not bad.
I allready own this game, so i got distracted by the video because i was checking out how you played the species. i noticed myself not listening to your voice and becoming to focused on the video. So i guess i can say your voicework might need some work
So im not gonna comment on the writing, just something about the presentation.
Here in the Netherlands we have this guy who does a lot of voice-overs for news items in certain shows, to me he always sounds as if he's hiding something funny that we dont know about.
I always imagine him as someone who is stroking himself while reading the stuff and laughing about it because all those millions of viewers wont know he does that.
Now, im not suggesting you should actually do that (allthough if it helps: go for it, just dont mention it)

When it comes to voicework like this you should either have a really nice or neutral sounding voice for it. One really good trick is to have a smile on your face while reading the material.
It will make a world of difference. test it out with a piece of text if you can hear it yourself

PureAussieGamer

Feb 9, 2010
yea but i use lube and you would be able to here me wanking in the backround haha.

But yea my real life mates think i sound different in my reviews and i agree. I dont wanna be a happy reviewer and be like the game is GOODOOO WOOOHOOOOO THE GRAPHICS ROCK YEA!!!
But it is something ill have to fix.