All Free DLCs for The Witcher 3 Are Now Available

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
All Free DLCs for The Witcher 3 Are Now Available

With today's release of New Game +, all 16 free DLCs for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are now available for download.

When The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt first launched, creators CD Projekt Red announced that they would be releasing 16 free DLCs for players of the game. The final free DLC, New Game + mode [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141768-CD-Projekt-RED-Announces-New-Game-Plus-Mode-For-Final-Free-Witcher-3-DLC], was revealed to the joy of players everywhere. In a press release today, CD Projekt Red announced that all free DLCs are now available for download for everyone.

"We've been releasing free DLCs since launch, and today's release of New Game +, the 16th and last of them, marks a special moment for us and, I hope, for all Wild Hunt fans as well. They can now restart their adventure and see how the story turns out if they make different choices than on their first play-through," says Marcin Iwiński, co-founder, CD Projekt Red. "I'd like to extend my thanks to all the gamers who played our game and gave these DLCs a try. Nothing makes a developer happier than seeing gamers have fun with what they created," Iwiński adds, noting that "I would really like to see such initiatives become an industry standard rather than an exception to the general rule, and I hope that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has set a good example."

The free DLCs include New Game + as well as alternative character looks, new contracts and quests, armor and weapon sets, and more. All DLCs are available for download now on Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4, free of charge.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
This is one of those rare examples of actually doing something with full good intentions we rarely see in this industry. I really need to get around to picking this game up soon. Kudos to them.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
feel tempted to get the retail version but of course, since they are DRM free, it does not require steam. so i guess to get all of the DLCs and the patches, i have to go to their website. is a registration required?

at least one good thing a company does these days to please the fans. now if many more could learn from them.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Metalrocks said:
feel tempted to get the retail version but of course, since they are DRM free, it does not require steam. so i guess to get all of the DLCs and the patches, i have to go to their website. is a registration required?

at least one good thing a company does these days to please the fans. now if many more could learn from them.
You can download them from GOG.com. You need an account to purchase from GOG.com but once you download the game/DLC you will no longer need to be signed in or sign in again. Alternatively you can get into the beta (is it still in beta?) of GOG Galaxy, which is a sort of alternative to Steam, where you can easily manage the downloading and installing of the patches. It's completely optional though.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Metalrocks said:

Yes, you have to register. But the cool thing is that you can download all the patches and keep them on your PC so you'll never have to download them again. After they're done with all the patching you can just burn them and have them on a disc just like the game. Isn't that awesome?

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I've heard something about CDPR adding more dialogue to make the Triss romance-plot "more satisfying", or something similar. Has this been released? I didn't see it as part of the latest patch notes.
I've been holding out on playing the Witcher 3, waiting for all the most important patches and early DLC to be released.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
So I feel pretty stupid, turns out I've been going through my entire playthrough without any of the free DLC even installed. I thought because I had the game set to auto-update and I had 'bought' the free DLC packs, it would automatically put them in the game and I just had some bugs, but turns out I still had to manually update them through the GOG launcher...

OT: awesome stuff, just about in time for me to finish my first playthrough, I wanna get to the end of the story, and so many quests are now far too low level, so I'd like the opportunity to go through everything when it is level appropriate ^^

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Briantb said:
Would of like to see some dlc adding Shani into the mix somehow
I don't know how much truth is in that, but I heard somewhere that Shani will make an appearance in one of the two big expansions coming up. IIRC one of them is based around Oxenfurt and it's university (which is good, because this city was really cast aside in the main game), and Shani as the alumni of it is the perfect representative.

I certainly hope so this is true. As much as I loved The Witcher III, the one thing that stung me was how it completely disregarded the first game (The only things I noticed were
Thaler making an appearance, Kalkstein being mentioned once [ended up on a stake for practicing alchemy], and that hole in the wall in Kaer Morhen from Salamnder's attack is still there.
That's basically it), so any kind of throwback to it would be nice. Also Shani was my love interest in TW I, so there's that...

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Yossarian1507 said:
Briantb said:
Would of like to see some dlc adding Shani into the mix somehow
I don't know how much truth is in that, but I heard somewhere that Shani will make an appearance in one of the two big expansions coming up. IIRC one of them is based around Oxenfurt and it's university (which is good, because this city was really cast aside in the main game), and Shani as the alumni of it is the perfect representative.
It's very likely she will be in "Hearts of Stone"
http://www.vg247.com/2015/07/21/the-witcher-3-shani-hearts-of-stone-dlc/
Tiamat666 said:
I've heard something about CDPR adding more dialogue to make the Triss romance-plot "more satisfying", or something similar. Has this been released? I didn't see it as part of the latest patch notes.
I've been holding out on playing the Witcher 3, waiting for all the most important patches and early DLC to be released.
I believe they said they would consider improving the romance plot some where down the line, but its definitely not in this patch/DLC. If the Witcher 3 gets an enhanced edition like the previous two game then that is where we will most likely get an improved romance plot. The enhanced editions for the previous two games came out about a year after the initial release.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
The Enquirer said:
This is one of those rare examples of actually doing something with full good intentions we rarely see in this industry. I really need to get around to picking this game up soon. Kudos to them.
As someone who hasn't played the first two games, never read the books, and prefers story over mechanics(not to say the mechanics are bad, far from in fact).

I wholeheartedly recommend the game. It does right what a lot of RPGs fail at, and has raised my expectations for future games of the genre.

The fact that the devs happen to be very nice to their customers is a very appreciated bonus.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Tiamat666 said:
Did they seriously say they were going to do that? That would be awesome. I opted for the Triss romance because I've always liked her a lot more than Yennifer, but it seemed blatantly clear that the game wants you to choose Yennifer. Triss just sort of disappears for most of the game.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
Metalrocks said:

Yes, you have to register. But the cool thing is that you can download all the patches and keep them on your PC so you'll never have to download them again. After they're done with all the patching you can just burn them and have them on a disc just like the game. Isn't that awesome?
i see. so similar to bioware and mass effect 2 that i could purchase all the DLCs and keep them on my pc and make backups. not that i have already enough accounts to keep track off but thanks for the clarification. i still think i wait for an entire collectors edition or what ever they will call it since they have said that there will be a huge DLC with added features.