All Games Need 'Drunk Mode'

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
triggrhappy94 said:
You Don't Know Jack.
You will lose your mind.
Oho, yes! I second that. Also very fun on other drugs. *cough*
I also recommend any GTA as mentioned here, none of them require much time before you can freeroam and GTA titles always have fun cheats to abuse. Or you could just download a savefile since you're on a PC and unlock everything that way.
You'll need some friends for this one, but pictionary is super fun drunk.

EDIT:
Amazon.com has a discount running on steam codes for all GTA titles (among tons of others) until the 31.
(Just make sure you select "PC Download - Steam DRM" if you want a steam key.
The "PC Download" option doesnt give you a steam key afaik.)

Vice City [http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Vice-Online/dp/B008FPV5IS/ref=pd_sim_vg_1]
San Andreas [http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Andreas-Online/dp/B008FPV4N4/ref=pd_sim_vg_2]
GTA IV [http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Game/dp/B008FPV6CS/ref=pd_sim_vg_1]
Episodes from Liberty City [http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Episodes-Download/dp/B00A9XQ890/ref=pd_sim_vg_4]
GTA IV+Episodes from Liberty City [http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Complete/dp/B00906A1HM/ref=pd_cp_vg_2] (Cheaper if you want both of them.)

ThatDarnCoyote

Dec 3, 2011
Crackdown would also be a good choice. Even though you start a new game at the bottom of the game's considerable power curve, you're still pretty boss and can wreck a lot of stuff.

A Shadows Age

Mar 30, 2011
Pink Gregory said:
Tazzman said:
"Drunk mode" by god that is an incredible idea, it could be like a mini game section or a little cut out of the most fun bits
...then why would you play anything but the most fun bits?
Why would there be any other option... Fun games ? Gasp ! that's madness ! Now shutup and quick time against this insta death rat.

woodsymoments

Oct 21, 2009
Any tekken game though atm it is the latest tag because adding second characters to switch when drunk is hilarious even for the ppl waiting for their turn to play the winner or to put them off.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
My god. What I'd do to play the entirety of far cry 3 blood dragon from the very beginning with the killstar unlocked.

You may say that'd be too easy.

I may say it'd be fucking awesome anyway. I occasionally boot up my completed file on there to simply fuck around blasting everything that can kill me and shouting "EXTERMINATE"

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Lolipop Chainsaw is my go-to for drunk gaming. Fun and easy and you get access to all the skills and stuff if you've already beaten the game.

Though just the other day I started playing X-Com on Classic while drunk and.... yeah that did not go well at all. I think I restarted the same mission five times and didn't remember anything of what got me killed the last time.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
CounterReproductive said:
Character in game also has to be drunk so he staggers and wobbles aroubnd. no hand eye co-ordination, randomly vomits and pisses/shits himself. Thats a drunk mode.
I loved getting drunk in Red Dead Redemption just to watch John Marston stumble around, and see how far across the street I can make it. It's a shame they disabled combat once you became drunk. Can you imagine aiming the gun's crosshair, but it keeps sliding off targets, and when people punch you, you go stumbling really easy.

It'd be so amazing.

IrateDonnie

Apr 1, 2010
ThatDarnCoyote said:
Crackdown would also be a good choice. Even though you start a new game at the bottom of the game's considerable power curve, you're still pretty boss and can wreck a lot of stuff.
Crackdown's an awesome drunk game especially with the "Key to the city" dlc

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Super smash bros brawl is a brilliant drunk game, and alcohol is a great equaliser for the game among friends. (I'm crap but we're all pissed I can hold my own)

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Most sandbox games start RIGHT away in terms of free gameplay, give or take a couple of missions before you unlock the gun shop. You should try playing through the first half hour of GTA Vice City or San Andreas, save there and return whenever you're drunk. As far as I remember these start out pretty fast (unlike GTA IV).

The God of War games start out pretty fast as well. Literally in the middle of battle.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I've long been saying there needs to be a "demonstration" mode.

You invite a friend over, you are all excited about this game right?
Lets play!

Ok well we dont want to watch the intro movies. Shit tutorial level. Boring. I'll load my save. Oh, well this is a really boring part where I have to make my charachter dance. But most of the game isn't like this, its mostly awesome with summoning demons and shit--

where ya going?

A demonstration mode would be some awesome super cool segment that dives right into the most awesome type of gameplay and really shows off its chops. It would work GREAT for a drunk mode.

Alex Baas

Dec 2, 2011
My drunk game is Halo 4 multiplier on my friend's Xbox. The fool gave my other friend the only mic. That was a fun night. I am pretty sure everyone muted us but we were operating on the assumption that there was one guy who didn't and was partying along with us. (If that was you, I was the gay friend)

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
I know that feeling, you come home slightly drunk and want to play something, but you know you don't have the reflexes to do anything cool. Or you are afraid you might think buying a TF2 crate key is a good idea,... again...

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
Altorin said:
sounds like you need a Painkiller/Serious Sam sort of game.
Hell No!
I almost threw up playing Painkiller whilst completely sober! The nausea-inducing kinetosis of that game was terrible, and I'm not overly sensitive to such normally.