All Street Fighter V DLCs Can be Earned for Free

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Ugh, forced monitored online. Pass thanks.

(For those of you doubting me, think this through. The characters can be earned either by playing for free currency or a special currency that is exchanged through real money. There is NO game out there that uses this system that does not force online at all times while playing regardless of whether doing online matches or offline. To add to this, the netcode Capcom uses is just plain bad for a fighting game.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
"So we're implementing this new mechanic into the game, a very progressive thing called UNLOCKABLES"

It sound like they're going sort of like Killer Instinct did with the customization, although they could also be going the "Tekken Revolution" way, which would be the worst.

Although I'm not going to play it anyways so whatever.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
So basically, how you unlocked characters/items in Marvel vs Capcom 2?

I'm not sure what I find more confusing, that Capcom is pretending this is new, or that there are apparently people in this very thread that thinks it is. Where am I? Is this the real life? Is it just fantasy?

Either way... pretty neat, I guess. Though if Capcom really wanted me to buy Streets 5, all they'd have to do is announce Makoto.

Gailim

Oct 13, 2009
BX3 said:

I'm not sure what I find more confusing, that Capcom is pretending this is new, or that there are apparently people in this very thread that thinks it is. Where am I? Is this the real life? Is it just fantasy?

Either way... pretty neat, I guess. Though if Capcom really wanted me to buy Streets 5, all they'd have to do is announce Makoto.
This is not about unlocking characters that are in the game. It's about unlocking PAID post launch DLC for free through gameplay

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
I'll believe Capcom if they can go 3 years without some new edition of SFV. I myself prefer the model of a new edition every now and then, as buying all the necessary usually adds up to what the game would cost about a year into its shelf life.

I'm worried about this in game money and paid for money thing. I can see new characters costing around 48 hours of grinding for fight points.
Also missed opportunity to call "fight money" Bison Dollars. I know the Japs would never make anything the round eyes contributed cannon, and rightly so as that film is nasty but I think bison dollars would have been a fun edition.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
DLC is neat, but what I really want to spend MY Fight Money on is two of every animal, so I can load them all on a boat and beat the crap outta 'em.
If it was good enough for Sun Tzu...

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Gailim said:
BX3 said:

This is not about unlocking characters that are in the game. It's about unlocking PAID post launch DLC for free through gameplay
But isn't that, in essence, the same thing?

In MvC2 (the PS2 version anyway... not sure about others), instead of unlocking characters through rituals and accomplishments, you grind game cash you earned through playing the game. Then, you go to the "Rewards" menu or whatever it was, and choose from a randomly generated group of prizes ranging from artwork, to alternate colors, to characters. It was pretty neat, but kinda grindy and flawed since shit was expensive.

I mean, yeah, the characters are post launch, but that's negligible, IMO. I'm talking about how the overall idea is the same.