Allies in games that you actually liked

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
The dog from Fable 2. He helped out so much and found things that I would not have even looked for. God bless him.

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
The crowbar. And hey, at least it doesn't complain when I crush a Combine's skull with it.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
I would have to say your homies in saints row 2. Just keeping them around to shoot at cops was a nice way to save ammo

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
My favourite's probably either Auron from FFX (badassness incarnate), or Cyrisus from Runescape (Incredibly empathiable in the first time you see him, and has a very pro-player vibe)

Bloody Crimson

Sep 3, 2009
Every party member in the G.U. series. They're all so cool, from Kuhn the quadruple-timing ladies man to Atoli the shy obvious love interest. All were really cool. Then Riku in KH2. Enough said.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
zero_raver said:
Valiance said:
[img src="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1677/auron.jpg" /img]

If FFX had one good thing in it, it would have to be Auron.
I'm surprised that you're the only one that has the same answer as me. He's more badass than any character. Ever.
Well, it's not like Duke Nukem can be my ally, but yeah, I thought Auron would be the first reply after the "Alyx" ones.

UnkeptBiscuit

Jun 25, 2009
Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2. She was characterized perfectly, and wasn't an idiot.
Lars, Lita, Mangus, and Ophelia from Brutal Legend, pure win. Shame
half of them died
All of the sidekicks from Mass Effect. I'd literally spend hours just talking to them.

Heeman89

Jul 20, 2009
Anomynous 167 said:
quack35 said:
He doesn't count.
As he is a player charecter.
Not playable in single player Halo 3 so I think it should count

Cole Train, Dog from Fable, and the Brits from COD4 would be my choices

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
Haggard and Sweetwater from BF: Bad Company were pretty hilarious most of the time, especially when your sergeant is getting orders over the radio...rock-paper-scissors matches, Haggard trying to flick Sweetwater's ear...priceless.

But for sheer chemistry, I'm going with Elika from Prince of Persia. While she's essential to gameplay, her charisma and playful banter with the Prince keeps the game truly enjoyable.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
I like the Arbiter from Halo 3, Abelia from Soul Calibur III (don't know why), Dom from GoW, the Call of Duty teams, and Clank.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Francis gets an honourable mention here.

Also, Minsc.

But I have to say that Jolee Bindo takes the cake and eats it too.

Barney comes in second.

Finnboghi

Oct 23, 2008
Really, all the survivors in Left 4 Dead.

There was just something really enjoyable about the instant, inherent camaraderie of the four immune survivors, fighting their way to safety.

escapist_wolfand

Oct 19, 2009
Wolfand: that's a hard one
though
i guess i'd have to say that i liked Navi
she was just sooo awesome-sauze
Yuki: i liked the voice that talked to you whenever you picked up a weapon in the original DOOM

Lawbringer

Oct 7, 2009
demoman_chaos said:
Plus abusing him was funny as hell (though that is not a good comparison since Hell isn't something laugh at, even if it isn't real).
Perhaps other people have quoted this later in this thread, but I found this hilarious!

On topic: I found the 'good' conscience on Black and White to be very entertaining when playing as an evil God. Hours of fun, even if I swear the game would whisper my name every now and then - extremely disconcerting!