Alpha Protocol - Can't walk!

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Just bought Alpha Protocol as part of a three game pack, but was looking forward to playing it. I got the xbox 360 version but my the character animation isn't working for walking (punching / martial arts is fine) and the camera is only moving around slightly at a juttery pace. Any help here guys? I'd really appreciate it!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
If you're not too far in, maybe restart the game? I only played it on PC, and I had hardly any bugs there, sorry.
[sub][sub][sub]Also, Alpha Protocol is a really good game, fuck ya'll haters![/sub][/sub][/sub]

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
If you're not too far in, maybe restart the game? I only played it on PC, and I had hardly any bugs there, sorry.
[sub][sub][sub]Also, Alpha Protocol is a really good game, fuck ya'll haters![/sub][/sub][/sub]
Cheers! Managed to solve it by fiddling around with the settings and resetting my controller / xbox 360 / game a couple of times.

I appreciate you like it, but I find this utterly shit.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Loved the game. Such a shame they won't make another.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
SextusMaximus said:
hazabaza1 said:
Cheers! Managed to solve it by fiddling around with the settings and resetting my controller / xbox 360 / game a couple of times.

How far in are you?
I'll admit the gameplay isn't the greatest, but once the story and characters pick up they really become fantastic.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
I got it to ps3 at a bargain only due to it was made by obsidian, which are the only ones that seem to make decent character building systems but this one was a little bit too much mass effect clone. But like people say the combat gets mind numbingly boring. Just walk down a tight corridor and shoot and then Hack a million billion things again kind of mass effect clone. So really the only thing left is story. And like yahtzee said its the Ponciest ponce that ever ponced past the poncing parlor.

Maybe you need to get a poncing parlor, hmmmm.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
SextusMaximus said:
hazabaza1 said:

How far in are you?
I'll admit the gameplay isn't the greatest, but once the story and characters pick up they really become fantastic.
Only a tiny bit in, but EVERY SINGLE hacking system is horrible. At first I thought "Oh this is a bad hacking system, but I can manage it throughout the game". Then I found out there were second and thirds. Second took me a long while, third took me a while to figure out what was even meant. Also the gunplay sucks, BUT I'm fond of the martial arts!:) I'll play more and I'm sure I'll enjoy it!

Aug 20, 2011
Nice, I just started this game a couple days ago! I love it so far, the gunplay isn't that bad, really not much worse than Mass Effect 1. It get's a little frustrating in the boss fights and anytime you have to do a lot of running and gunning, but for the most part it's not bad at all. The writing and characters are fantastic! And the freedom of choice is ridiculous. This is basically what I wanted out of Human Revolution. And c'mon, the hacking system is as good as HR and less monotonous. And the lockpicking system is one of the better ones I've seen in a game.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
SextusMaximus said:
hazabaza1 said:
SextusMaximus said:
hazabaza1 said:

How far in are you?
Only a tiny bit in, but EVERY SINGLE hacking system is horrible. At first I thought "Oh this is a bad hacking system, but I can manage it throughout the game". Then I found out there were second and thirds. Second took me a long while, third took me a while to figure out what was even meant. Also the gunplay sucks, BUT I'm fond of the martial arts!:) I'll play more and I'm sure I'll enjoy it!
Yeah, just buy a lot of EMPs, and make sure to activate fury on those boss fights. I get the feeling that lots of people abandon it quickly because of the sub-par gameplay, but to me, the story and characters make up for that.
Just wait until Stephen Heck comes along and you'll see.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
Once you look past the graphics and controls its actually a pretty entertaining game. I liked it.