Alright, lets swap Skyrim glitch stories.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
(we all knew this was coming. Im not salivating every time I play skyrim, but i do thoroughly enjoy it. But I will apologize if this thread has already been made somewhere on the forums. If so, Im sure you guys will tell me haha.)

So I thought it might be fun for us to take Yahtzee's advice and so here is a thread for it. What are you fun/irritating/halarious/whatever glitch stories? And maybe its time for us to take a break from the warring between praising and criticizing the game for whatever reasons (success, popularity, "game breaking" problems) and look at the lighter side of what seems to be one of the bigger topics on these forums nowadays.

I have two.

The first is something apparently not all that uncommon. I hear the giants that roam the plains of skyrim are trying to beat NASA in fastest take off to breach the stratosphere,and their choice of vehicle has been Nords, Bretons, Kajiit etc. How many of you are running into this?

The second is more personal. So I forget the exact name of the place, but its just up the hill from the robbers gorge. I killed a dragon (after a few attempts, I was low level, and still sort of witless at that point) And it did the little dissolve into nothing but bones/ I consume its soul blah blah blah, you know the drill. Well I started stashing armor and equipment in various spots around skyrim, and one of them was robbers gorge. One day I come back and I see something in the house, and I think it might be bandits returning or something. But sure enough, somehow the corpse of my friend, "Flame-y McFirebreath" had managed to roll down the mountain, over the wooden palisades and was now doing that cute little spasm dance corpses in Bethesda games do when they get tired of laying there all day.

Now everytime I come back, I find the dragon in a different spot, dancing away.

TL;DR?
1. Enterprising, giant powered space exploration
2. A magical, dancing dragon corpse who loves my new pad so much he decided to move it.

Captcha: shereof, ivense

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
I've had that skeleton thing happen to me in Whiterun. died near that tree, then eventually made his way to the entrance. :p

killercyclist

Feb 12, 2011
i just got the dragon flying backwards one, sucks cause i want to fight him! also, last night i found a game crashing bug while going up to a cliff north of falkriel (or whatever it's called). i'm bummed, but guess i'll just stay clear of that area for sometime!

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Not quite a glitch, but:
Right at the end, when he summons the two Dremora for you to fight, I was getting wrecked so I pegged it down the mountain (Argonian Thief, dual wielding daggers). On the way I was attacked by an Ice Wraith, slipped past it and was down the mountain. So a couple minutes later, after having recovered my composure/health I decided to go back and have another crack at them, this time with the element of surprise. So I was just sneaking back up to Mehrune's shrine, when one of their corpses rolled past me. I looted it, and carried on going. Suddenly I notice another black figure rolling down the mountain towards me. The second Dremora. I looted it, and carried on going. And there, on the mountainside, bold as brass, was the Ice Wraith on a quarter of its health. Like. A. Bawwsss!

Aside from that, the standard Giant shooting me into the stratosphere etc, I've had very few funny glitches. The occasional irritating freeze, or dodgy corpse that I'm meant to get an item from disappearing, but nothing too drastic.

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
one dragon flying backwards and spinning like crazy.
one book that spawned half in the table creating a terrible noise.
one mammoth walking vertical.
being launched to the clouds by a giant.

good times.

Peter Storer

May 30, 2011
Can't remember the dungeon, but in the boss fight room all of the lights stopped looking like torches, and started flashing like electric blue strobe lights. Looked awesome, and added a degree of difficulty, instead of dimly lit enemies, strobing between darkness and the silhouette of the advancing monsters.

I got the incredible dancing dragon skeleton also. Mine flopped around the courtyard at the mages college.

This is actualy kinda an annoying one given that I am playing an assassin. My ability to backstab with my dagger comes and goes. Sneak attack with the bow always works, but when this glitch crops up I sneak up behind my target, wait till I am right behind them, then do my backstab, and they take NO damage, they just become aware of my presense...

WhatIsThisIDontEven

Jan 18, 2011
Well, my friend killed a dragon and the body sunk into the ground.

For me, it was when I killed an enemy and they resurrected themselves and kept fighting.

Costia

Jul 3, 2011
had to take the oath for the imperials to progress in the main quest :(
the general didn't want to talk to me until i did (i started the "join the imperials" quest earlier in the game)

ArbiterX13

Jul 2, 2011
I've been waiting for this.
Besides the standard giant launch, Bethesda brought back the "invisible wave;" maybe it's just me, but if you go to the southernmost end of the map in both Oblivion and Skyrim until you get the "You cannot go that way" message, if you take a few steps forward and turn around, you won't even be able to go to where the actual border is. In Oblivion I started by the Priory of the Nine and wound up not being able to go anywhere south of Chorrol after a while. Eventually I fixed it, but still.
Then there was that irritating one where my two best weapons were sent to the wrong NPC during a story quest.
The funniest one I've gotten is Eorlund Gray-Mane. I was waiting around for him to train me in smithing (at the time I was level 5 and trying to get the ability to improve enchanted items). So I show up at around 8 at the SkyForge, and he's not there. So, I wait until about 10, but he's still not there.
Just as I'm wandering down that little path from the SkyForge, who else but Eorlund comes shooting down from the sky right in front of me. He lands in the "injured" pose (down on one knee, hand on the ground, panting), and then he stands up, looks around, and walks back up to the SkyForge to start smithing.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
This isn't a glitch but I thought it was weird when a group of thugs came up to 'teach this thief a lesson' and tried to kill me.
They had a contract on them signed by Mila Valentina, who is a little girl in Whiterun when I went to talk to her, her mother, and the guards no one seemed to acknowledge it. Weird.

I also got hit by a giant, the first time I encountered a giant by the way, and went soaring so high that i hit the ceiling in the game, which is so high that when you're up there you can't see anything but sky in all directions. It took a while for my body to hit the ground. When I did (still not dead) I clipped thru the ground and fell for eternity.

The loading screen right after that? Telling me not to touch a giant's mammoth.

Since then I've had a bit of a phobia of the things.

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
I'm sure the giant launch has been mentioned before, whenever i killed a giant or a mammoth with a bow the fucking thing would fly into the air. The dragon bones i saw in another post, but here's a weird glitch. At one point, i killed a dragon near the cabin of a black mage on my way to the labyrinth for a quest at Winterhold. After completing that quest i had a few items i didn't need, so i went over to Whiterun to dump the staffs and dragon bones i collected, only weirdly the dragon i killed near Labyrinthian appeared in Whiterun. That wasn't the first time i encountered a teleporting dragon corpse, but it was the farthest i saw one travel.

Another funny one was once again relating to dragons. While completing a quest for the Blades and on my way back to the town of Woodmill, i encountered a dragon. At this point i was at level 17 and my stealth skill was so high the dragon often lost sight of me when i crouched behind cover, so i didn't run away even though no friendly NPCs were around since i thought i could take it on my own. Only i never had to resort to my typical strategy of stealthily firing arrows with frostbite venom on them, the dragon began attacking a chicken that weirdly enough never died even though it took me two minutes to bring the dragon down. And of course afterwards i got the typical dancing dragon glitch once i devoured it's soul.

Mr Goostoff

Aug 14, 2008
Avoiding the seemingly far too common giant spaceflight glitch...
There was one time, early on in my playthrough, where I tried to sneak-kill a horseback hunter with my bow. After I hit him, he tried to get off his horse, and instead, began to slowly rise into the sky. At about 20 feet, he began to hover for 20-30 seconds, before suddenly plummeting to his death. I was highly amused.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
Oh, I just remembered, a friend told me about running into two guys and a moose walking about attatched to one another and fixed in a position that gave the appearance that they were sodomizing....

yup, a moose with a guy behind him and another behind him.

So my friend decided to be Maj. Cock block and fire an arrow at them. When the arrow struck the lovers, they suddenly teleported out of sight. Just as my friend was about to pack it up and leave, the trio (still apparently "banging") fell from the sky and landed in a nearby lake, in which they began to swim for land. The entire time of this event, they were still latched at the hips.

snowpuppy

Feb 18, 2011
I was attempting to get a mammoth tusk for some woman in white run and had died several times trying to kill one, so eventually I quit,I ride around the countryside a bit, when I just so happen to turn around and, PHWOOSH! there goes a mammoth, flying directly upward(reminiscent of a deathclaw from fallout) anyway, it died on re-entry, and I stole a tusk and snout.

realist1990

Nov 18, 2011
I got attacked by an invisible Khajiit. the only way i could kill him was I used the detect life shout..still not sure if it was meant to be a glitch or not.

I was under the impression that giants were supposed to send you into low-nirn orbit, it's happend to so many people I know I don't think it can be called a glitch

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
I never really though of space travel by giant as a glitch. I just thought they hit really hard (and that the devs were exaggerating it a bit because it's awesome).

Other than that:
- When I get on my horse, he sometimes goes invisible for a couple of seconds.
- Occasionally a wall is missing.
- A mammoth got stuck on a rock one time.
- It seems that sometimes saving and reloading doesn't work 100%. One time it seems I lost some skill leveling progress and another time I sold some stuff to a vendor (leaving them with 13 gold), and after reloading I had my items back, but the vendor still only had 13 gold.

And I'm not sure if it's a glitch or by design, but it seems a little weird that I can pickpocket people while not being hidden at all.

DeathChairOfHell

Dec 31, 2009
Well, I once stole something from Kodlak Whitemane right in front of his eyes. He followed me, fists clenched but never attacked. And that includes him entering dungeons with me. Never did anything, just followed me ready to fight.