Alt+Escape: Alice Is Dead, Episode 1

Daruth_Winterwood

Aug 29, 2009
It made me groan as I had to endure yet another Alice in Wonderland inspired piece of media! Oh how I wish people would read or watch something else for a change! There are other forms of surrealism other than the same magical rabbit hole blather over and over and over again. I mean it's so friggen obvious when somebody is inspired by the novel it's a wonder why it isn't referred to as fanfic. Bah! Rant over.

Still themes aside it's a fairly decent adventure game and I guess it's nice twist on a never ending cavalcade of overused fiction.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
It was ok. The interface was simple and easy to use fortunately, and the puzzles more or less made sense (in a "Wonderland" sort of way), but the game itself was far too short. Obviously they want to release it in chapters, but that really just sucks. I predicted the twist at the end too. I think I'll wait until they've released all the chapters first before playing through it.

Daruth_Winterwood said:
It made me groan as I had to endure yet another Alice in Wonderland inspired piece of media! Oh how I wish people would read or watch something else for a change! There are other forms of surrealism other than the same magical rabbit hole blather over and over and over again. I mean it's so friggen obvious when somebody is inspired by the novel it's a wonder why it isn't referred to as fanfic. Bah! Rant over.
At least it's not about damned vampires.

MmmFiber

Apr 19, 2009
Andronicus said:
At least it's not about damned vampires.
Yeah, that theme seems to be beaten into the ground lately. Personally, I have no time for vampires who are not named Kate Beckinsale.

keitarobg

Jan 19, 2009
too easy and too short. although very imaginative, interesting, i smell a nice story here. cant wait to play all the other parts

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
I have to say, having played through this I was disappointed. There wasn't really much substantial to it, some of the solutions were obnoxious and a bit misleading, and the way it ends makes me think this is just going to get silly and cheesy. I might give the next episode a try, but unless you're really in to authentic(i.e. annoying) adventure games you may want to give it a miss.

Killer Rabbit

Oct 3, 2009
I liked it. The slight unease brought on by the world and the music worked well for me. The humor was good as well ("The bottle is not a key" You don't have time to play cards with a shovel"

Coinboy

Sep 12, 2009
Wow.. that was.. umm easy! The puzzle's were so obvious. I loved the BGM track and hope the sequel will be a bit harder.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Good game, only really had to consult the walkthrouh for the final puzzle, and even then it was becuase i diden't have the patience to figure it out.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Great game, but only about 5 minutes long...

Ah well, there's an episode 2 so I'll probably play that.