Am I an idiot for wanting one of these?

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
I shall let the video do the talking.
<youtube=6IoWmUx-muM&feature=related>
Let it suffice to say that I find myself longing for this product.
Am I an idiot?

EDIT: perhaps I should explain in better detail.
I find myself drawn to the dare I say it,,, Egg wave because I like just sticking stuff in the microwave eezy peezy, however eggs are just not one of the foods that microwave well. (aka eggy bubbles) So I am wondering whether sealing it in a small space somehow stops eggs from erupting in the microwave. if so i want it then just for the novelty (its shaped like an egg omg!).

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I want the junk-food for breakfast...

Anyway, it doesn't look all that tasty. And you save, what, 3 minutes on making eggs this way? Kinda pointless

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I shuddered a lot in that film. Cooking eggs in a microwave is a heresy that I feel I must destroy.

Sorry RadiusXd, but I'm gonna have to visit you soon... with fire.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
I will buy this and put eggs on fucking everything.

But, I already have an egg microwaving alternative.

Arcanite Ripper

May 1, 2010
Unless you're the one to eat eggs regularily, it seems like every other "innovative" infomercial contraption. You'll use the device frequently for the first week or so to convince yourself it's worthy of purchase, then you'll forget you even owned one.

Does that make you an idiot if you want it? I guess not, though eggs aren't the trickiest little devils to cook correctly without that...thing.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
If it works, and you like eggs, then go for it. It's pretty cheap, all things considered. However, I just don't think it will work exactly how the ad portrays it. Every single thing I have ever bought from the TV has never been as good as the ad portrayed it to be.

It's worth taking a risk on - if you like eggs that is. Personally, I can't stand eating boiled or sunny-side up eggs. The only eggs I can eat are scrambled, and I don't like that very much either.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
RadiusXd said:
Optimus Hagrid said:
I will buy this and put eggs on fucking everything.

But, I already have an egg microwaving alternative.
do tell please..
It was an "egg poacher" I bought at a pound shop. It's pretty crap, the lid doesn't close properly but it cooks eggs and that is good.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
......Huh......Well that's interesting....

I see nothing wrong with wanting one. Sound like a fine idea.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Hmmm....the grease makes the eggs nice though! Although, the whole health thing might be good, as I can feel my arteries straining whenever I have a fried eggs. Also, the advantage of the scrambler accessory sounds pretty good. Just another health conscious product!

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Hubilub said:
I want the junk-food for breakfast...
That part of the film made me spit out my cornflakes. Right out of left field...

OT: Cooking eggs in the microwave is a bad idea anyway. There is no way to ensure they are cooked enough to prevent illness without cooking the exterior to a dried out, nutritionless crust.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Oh god, I thought this was that egg cracking infomercial that I saw once... I would have to call you out if it was that.

this, wellll, my biggest concern with cooking eggs is having to have a pan to clean, so I guess it would help with that, but other than that, I don't see anything that it does that I can't do already.

Nah you're not an idiot, because it's not all that bad of a concept, I just wouldn't get it myself.

somelameshite said:
Suki the Cat said:
That made me sick in my tummy =(.
Same here, but that's probably because I'm allergic to eggs.
Oh god, I know how you feel, for 20 years of my life I was highly allergic to eggs. It was weird however, I was able to eat things that was made with eggs, like cake and all that, but if I ate an egg itself, I would break out and get really sick, then again I guess mixing eggs in with food changed the chemical formula of the egg to something my body was able to handle.

I hope you outgrow your allergies! When I first accidentally found out I wasn't allergic to them anymore, I ate them for breakfast everyday for about a month.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
KaiRai said:
Hmmm....the grease makes the eggs nice though! Although, the whole health thing might be good, as I can feel my arteries straining whenever I have a fried eggs. Also, the advantage of the scrambler accessory sounds pretty good. Just another health conscious product!
I really don't care about the health of it,
I would probably end sticking butter in that *****!

Segadroid

Apparently a Premium Member now
Mar 20, 2009
And I thought television couldn't get more stupid.

Clearly, you can make such a device yourself. I think I have some plastic caps laying around somewhere, and a little plastic bucket too. Should fit nicely in there.
Tape a holder on the plastic cap, put it in the plastic bucket and done.

Badong

May 26, 2010
Too bad eating one too many eggs is really bad for you.

Still, it's still pretty convenient, I mean Jesus, won't it be awesome to have a quick spicy potato and onion omelet at 3:00 am? That would be awesome, for a miscellaneous item anyway.