Am I the only one getting totally sick of Skyrim?

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Seriously, for the past two weeks this is going on. I have been here one single time without having a Skyrim thread in the Latest Posts or Hot Threads box. It's not just that I'm not getting into Skyrim myself, but more that I'm just wondering if it's just me or more people.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/youarenevertheonlyone.jpg/]

That is all I have to say.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
First, you should have a look at this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/9225-Critical-Miss-Highlanders-Anonymous].

EDIT: DAMN NINJAS

Second, this is a Skyrim thread. And most of the Skyrim threads are the same as this one.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Ok you, yes you, do not post in this thread complaining about the phrase, 'am I the only one'. It's hyperbole, get over it. (Edit: Damn, I was too late)

Anyway, no, many people are sick of the skyrim threads, but skyrim is massively popular with the escapist crowd at the moment, it'll pass. For the time being why don't you start an Arkham City thread? That games seems to barely get any mention.

Mar 30, 2010
I can tell you're really sick of Skyrim, because you made a thread about it. Did you even stop to consider that even a thread discussing a dislike of Skyrim is still a discussion about Skyrim?

Also:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

+1.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
[/URL]

I wonder just how many of us is going to post this to get the point across...

Hydro14

Sep 23, 2010
I'm somewhat divided on this on one side I like a game that
gives me a random wagon abandoned by the roadside with a dead body nearby. Without even using the quest update prompts to guide me, the game allows me to loot a single Fulmer arrow from where it has stuck in the wagon (as added attention to detail, it points as if fired from a rocky outcrop nearby from which an ambush could have been affected), and a journal entry in a book looted from the body as clues to what has happened. The journal also mentions that the dead person was not travelling alone, but of the other traveler there is no sign. There is a single cave in radar range and when I find it to be filled with the same kind of plants that have been found in other caves where the Fulmer make camp I assume I've come to the right place. To cut down a long story, I find the body of the other traveler deep in the cave where the Fulmer have killed him. No quest journal prompts, no reward, and yet I'd still consider it time better spent than a dragon fight.
but on the flip side I kind of hate a game that
Curses me with vampirism for making one failure to kill a foe fast enough, less than 3 minutes walk from the starting village. The game then proceeds to give me absolutely no clues at all how to fix it. Yes, it's realistic, yes it's immersive, it's also annoying. To adapt for my own purposes a quote from a critic we all know, realistically annoying is still annoying. I do not play games to be annoyed by them.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, got the wrong end of the stick completely about this thread; thought it was about the game being over-hyped and not living up to the expectation. Oops. *whistles* Nothing to see here...

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

You beat me to it, further proving the point of the comic that no one is ever the only one on the internet.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
That Critical Miss comic couldn't have come in a better time.

Well, Skyrim is a new game, so expect to hear a lot of discussion about it for a while. As for me? Well I'm really enjoying Skyrim, and I enjoy talking about it. So no, I'm not really sick of these threads.

Yet.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Istvan said:
Am I the only one getting sick of that comic in this thread? :/
I was tempted to quote you and post it again, but that may bring down the wrath of the mods and I'd rather avoid that.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Spending too much time on Skyrim to be looking at Skyrim threads! Bar this one..and one or two others.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Irridium said:
And now to do what I said I would do.
Oh look, others have already done so. Sweet.
Kekkles said:
I wonder just how many of us is going to post this to get the point across...
Use spoiler tags, they exist for a reason. Don't post huge damn pics (with damn near no content) when people already have posted the exact same pic; seriously there are 5 of them on the thread now when you count to quotes.
When posts 2-7 and 9 don't even bother to stay on topic, there is a problem.

targren

May 13, 2009
At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if Beth has been hiring "Reputation Management" firms to astroturf up the hype, because this is really ridiculous.

Jimijab

Nov 8, 2011
Well it's a new massive highly anticipated game, no wonder everyone's talking about it.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
Yep. I'll be glad when Skyward Sword comes out tomorrow. Although I still doubt that'll dampen the truckload of Skyrim threads a whole lot.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
Rednog said:
Use spoiler tags, they exist for a reason. Don't post huge damn pics (with damn near no content) when people already have posted the exact same pic; seriously there are 5 of them on the thread now when you count to quotes.
When posts 2-7 and 9 don't even bother to stay on topic, there is a problem.
Cool story, bro. To be honest, what does it matter? It was an idiot response to another idiot somewhere else on the internet, you getting in a grill about only makes me want to do it all the more.