Am I the only one passing on Brutal Legend...

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I don't really like Jack Black a lot, but I have seen some gameplay footage and he fits his character pretty well. He is more School of Rock's Jack Black than Shallow Hal's Jack Black, if you know what I mean.

In any case, I would advice you to download the demo next week. If that does not sale you the game, then you can pass on it knowing that you, at least, give it a chance...

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I'm not interested in this game at all. If it's going to be a game about Metal, I'd want it to be, well...brutal. This game just looks boring to me and I'm not much of a fan of Tim Schafer. The only good thing about it is that Carcass are in the soundtrack.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
omega 616 said:
Triforceformer said:
omega 616 said:
To me it just looks like a kiddies game, like spiro with layers and layers of metal on top of it and instead of fiery breath you get an axe, a guitar and a hotrod.

I hate spiro, so I will hate this game.
Except you know, with gore, cussing, Partial Nudity, Ozzy Osbourne, Demons from hell, an M Rating, and DECAPITATIOOONN! Very kiddie.

Also, I will be getting this game, just don't know when.
Did you not read "with layers and layers of metal on top of it" thats what I meant, I am surprised theres no drug taking and throwing of tv's but you can't have everything.

Metal =/= adults only.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Do not make this mistake! I do not like Jack Black at all but its TIM FREAKING SCHAFER! Creator of some of gameings milestones! Alright mabye thats a little exagerated but come on! Tim Schafer!

You will be missing out.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
624 said:
You certinly aren't the only person who's made a thread asking if people are going to buy it. If you used the search bar and looked at the five threads before this one you wouldn't have posted this. Why dose this game need more than one thread asking, "WILL YOU BUY THIS SHIT!?" What's so amazingly ground breaking? An annoying fat arse actor smashing shit with a guitar?
A hilarious (At times) fat ass VOICE ACTING for a roadie decapitating shit with an axe, summoning lightning, flames, and more with a Flying V, Ozzy Osbourne, a hotrod, Ozzy, 64 Km of openworld, Ozzy, the ability to play over 100 metal songs from all ages in your hotrod as you find them, and Ozzy FUCKING Osbourne.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Triforceformer said:
omega 616 said:
Triforceformer said:
omega 616 said:
To me it just looks like a kiddies game, like spiro with layers and layers of metal on top of it and instead of fiery breath you get an axe, a guitar and a hotrod.

Except you know, with gore, cussing, Partial Nudity, Ozzy Osbourne, Demons from hell, an M Rating, and DECAPITATIOOONN! Very kiddie.

Did you not read "with layers and layers of metal on top of it" thats what I meant, I am surprised theres no drug taking and throwing of tv's but you can't have everything.

Metal =/= adults only.
I guess the sex and drug thing only relates to rock and roll then ....

If you don't know about the throwing t.v's out of hotel rooms then were have you been hiding?

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
I can barely stand Jack Black at the best of times. Combine Jack Black with incredibly stupid game premise and you've got something I'll be avoiding like the plague
This. Pretty much exactly.

Nifty

Sep 30, 2008
I'm pretty non plussed about it. Parts of it sound quite funny but I'm not keen on the grand majority of the sound track.

Red Intensity

Sep 22, 2009
I can't stand Jack Black's obnoxious vocals, and listening to him is like scraping a fork on glass. So yes, I'm passing this title up.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
omega 616 said:
Triforceformer said:
omega 616 said:
Triforceformer said:
omega 616 said:

Metal =/= adults only.

If you don't know about the throwing t.v's out of hotel rooms then were have you been hiding?
I was just saying that the game has things in it not associated with entertainment of 10 year olds (Or at least shouldn't be.) And who the hell doesn't know about the t.v. out of hotel rooms thing?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Triforceformer said:
omega 616 said:
Triforceformer said:
omega 616 said:
Triforceformer said:
omega 616 said:

Metal =/= adults only.

I was just saying that the game has things in it not associated with entertainment of 10 year olds (Or at least shouldn't be.) And who the hell doesn't know about the t.v. out of hotel rooms thing?
Well niether is resident evil but my brother completed 3 or 4 of them way before he was 10 and he seemed to enjoy playing them.

To quote myself
omega 616 said:
If YOU don't know about the throwing t.v's out of hotel rooms then were have you been hiding?
(I guess you were being sarcastic though.)

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Julianking93 said:
No. I have no interest in it. It looks like a N64 game.
Have you even looked at the game? Unless you mean because it has cartoony visuals you must be blind.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
gamegod25 said:
Julianking93 said:
Have you even looked at the game? Unless you mean because it has cartoony visuals you must be blind.
Yes, I have seen it, and no its not because of cartoony visuals. From what I've seen, the game looks like a 3rd rate PS2 game at best.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Julianking93 said:
gamegod25 said:
Julianking93 said:
Yes, I have seen it, and no its not because of cartoony visuals. From what I've seen, the game looks like a 3rd rate PS2 game at best.
Then you need to get your eyes checked.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
gamegod25 said:
Julianking93 said:
gamegod25 said:
Julianking93 said:
Then you need to get your eyes checked.
Strange you say that because I actually do...

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Really though to anyone not planning on getting Brutal Legend go play the demo (if you can) and watch this

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2-Psychonauts