Am I the only one that thinks Mass Effect 3's Logo is VERY unoriginal?

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
Seriously, why did they re-use the ME2 Red Square with the White number? LAME!!!
I personally woulda gone for a more metallic "3", probably a bit taller than the letters "Mass Effect", more like the first one, but maybe with a slightly different color scheme and the 3, like, silver with a few bumps/bruises/bulletholes in it...

man, if only i could project my mental image to the computer!!

any ideas you guys could describe or maybe even sketch up in Microsoft Paint or Photoshop and post here?

or does anyone else agree or disagree?

Thoughts???

Go Ballistic!

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Bobbety said:
Could you post an image of the logo you're talking about?
This is what he's talking about:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

I actually kind of agree. Maybe change it up a bit. But the logo won't effect the game, so I'll deal.

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
I think the reason they went with a more ME2-esque logo was because ME2 was more popular than ME1 (I believe anyway, it seemed more accessible which would draw in more players, in theory anyway) and it's just continuity. If you notice, a lot of sequels don't really change the logo that much, because it's just that, a logo.

When you see the red square with white number what do you think of? Mass Effect. It's the same principle with companies, they rarely change their logo and only when the old one goes out of style, so people can make that instant connection.

Bobbety

May 16, 2011
You're right that is very samey. Though the person above me has a point.

I can try to make what (I think) you're thinking of, but I doubt it will be any good.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
I don't think it's so much about "originality" as it is stylistic simplicity. I don't have any problem with it at all.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
It's consistent with the N7 logo. Further than that, I really don't care. This is an odd thing to be concerned about.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Personally, I'm just glad it wasn't "Mass 3ffect."

Anyways, I understand the logic behind keeping the logo design the same. It'll have instant recognition. You can just be glancing through titles on the rack of your nearest GameStop or what have you, and know that it's Mass Effect. I don't really have a problem with it.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
It's called design consistency, much like how, for example, the font for the title of every Harry Potter book or movie is exactly the same. In this case it helps keeps the separate games in the series seem somewhat unified even if their box art varies drastically from one entry to another.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
I do think they should keep the same font and style just for consistency's sake. But, they could of did something. I really like the Final Fantasy logos. The text and overall look is the same, yet there is different artwork that applies to the logo to make each one unique.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Why does it even matter what the logo or box art are? As long as what's inside is good, I really couldn't care less.

Honestly, I don't see what the fuss about it is for.

Apr 15, 2011
While the logo isn't that big of a deal (mainly since it's consistent with the N7 font as someone pointed out), I'm inclined to agree. It seems like they pretty much took Mass Effect 2's logo and changed it with a three.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Because it was piss-easy to just change a number and they don't consider how the three looks to be a major selling point of the game?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Vanguard1219 said:
It's called design consistency, much like how, for example, the font for the title of every Harry Potter book or movie is exactly the same. In this case it helps keeps the separate games in the series seem somewhat unified even if their box art varies drastically from one entry to another.
Exactly. Design consistency is very important from an artistic standpoint.

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
We should all be grateful they don't write it as "Mass 3ffect" and leave it at that, tbfh.

Sep 14, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
Bobbety said:
Could you post an image of the logo you're talking about?
This is what he's talking about:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

I actually kind of agree. Maybe change it up a bit. But the logo won't effect the game, so I'll deal.
this, while it is samesey, it has zero effect on the actual game so I'm not gonna QQ over it.