Am I the only one who liked Divinity II's ending?

IronMaidenLeigh

Dec 11, 2010
It seems like in almost every review or discussion of Divinity II, everyone always says how much they hated the ending. Personally, I rather liked it. I haven't played the expansion yet, so as far as I'm concerned the game ends with the player unintentionally helping the villians and destroying the world. But that's what I like about it. For all its problems, Divinity II tries to do some different things, including having the player "lose" in the end. It comes as such a surprise, and right at the very end of the game. I think most people have become accustomed to the good guy always winning in the end, no matter what happens during the story. I wonder if players didn't like the ending because they felt cheated, rather than the actually ending itself. After all, we were led to believe up until the very end that everything we're doing is to stop Damian. Only the character manipulating us knew what was really going on. Personally, I think it's very unique to have the bad guy win in the end. I can't think of another game/story where that happens.

Dec 14, 2009
You're never the only one!

Never start your thread with 'Am I the only one?'

It's fucking stupid and just comes across as attention seeking.