am i the only one with this problem?

Sirch.Cajnos

Oct 27, 2009
okay, so i love final fantasy, the problem? I've never beaten one. Why? i get to like the final boss, final dungeon in some cases....and i get stuck....there is a solution and that is training and i don't know if you've ever tried training in an ff game...but it is probably one of the most boring experiences in the history of experiences.

anywho, just wondering if anyone else has this, or a similar, problem.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Your real problem is topic spam, seriously stop pressing post D:<

Also grinding is boring in every RPG game, get used to it.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
You have to grind. Its the same problem I have with JRPGs. I never grind, so I never win.

dylan99952

Jun 16, 2010
every now and then you can find an RPG without grinding. I cant really name any specifics though... I know I've played some. But, no it's not just your problem. I hate grinding too.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Grinding is just something that you gotta do.

I try to fight as much as possible early on, so once i get to the High EXP Monsters they are not so hard to beat.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Most are Role Playing Grinds, just keep figting and level up before you go into a major battle, you should be fine.

Bailos

The Apostate
Sep 26, 2009
This has happened to me in 7-9, and 12. You're not alone man. But by that point I can pretty much flesh out the resolution in my mind, so there's not much incentive for training.

traineesword

Jan 24, 2010
dududf said:
You have to grind. Its the same problem I have with JRPGs. I never grind, so I never win.
surely you have this same problem with most WRPG's as well. I know for one that i had to grind in Oblivion and Fallout in order to advance and be able to do some area's. though i suppose i could have always just lowered the difficult settings (pfffffft).

But yeah, he's right, if grinds not for you, then you should congratulate yourself for actually getting that far in the game, watch someone who wants to grind do the final boss and watch the final Cutscene(s) on Youtube. But seriously, i am amazed that you got that far without having to grind at somepoint earlier. i remember in most of my FF games, if i don't beat a boss first time, i spend about 3 hours grinding exp. that usually gets me past that boss, and probably through til the end of the game. apart from FF9 and FF7, which had the odd problem of me beating them the first time i tried the last boss. then the next day, i'd try again and the boss would be mercilessly impossible everytime i'd play it, even if i leveled up a bit more o_O

my favourite grind was FF4(also FF10), it wasn't actually that hard grinding, as i enjoyed battling and everyone levelled up at the same pace, even if they weren't in your battling party (not for FF10 though). it got to the point that i could put anyone i wanted in a party at random and still beat the final boss with ease. hehe, FF4 was awesome. (FF10's case was slightly different. couldn't beat seymour guado inside of sin first time, so i went off to train inside 'Omega ruins'... then i eventually got the urge to explore there and defeat Alpha and Omega themselves <though i did use Yojimbo on Omega, without lancet-ing him for his ability ¬_¬ i didn't know about it then> and it ended up that i remembered about the story and went back to Sin, totally spanking the game with my accidentally grinded characters. though i don't believe its a grind when it gets to the point you don't notice because you're having fun)

wow, watch out for dodgy brackets

Humble85

Jun 6, 2010
isnt grinding one of the main appeals of FF games? But i can somewhat understand your problem, i dont like grinding myself, and thats why it took me some time to beat sephiroth in ff7 for example. but training, as you call it, may not be the only option, since you can always try to optimize your strategies, play around with characters, etc.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I definitely know where you're coming from, but for the most part I have persevered. I never finished 12 but that's just cos it was terrible
I do have a problem when replaying an FF game of even getting close to the end, because I've played it before and so don't feel that strive to get right to the end

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Apparently you made a double post. This one with serious results, and the other with more silly responses.

Like others have said, griding (while boring) is essential to progress father in RPGs.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Sirch.Cajnos said:
okay, so i love final fantasy, the problem? I've never beaten one. Why? i get to like the final boss, final dungeon in some cases....and i get stuck....there is a solution and that is training and i don't know if you've ever tried training in an ff game...but it is probably one of the most boring experiences in the history of experiences.

anywho, just wondering if anyone else has this, or a similar, problem.
it's just you. Feeb. :p

Bran Mugen

Feb 16, 2010
While some final fantasies I have gotten stuck on, and have not beatten I think it's safe to say that all fans have beatten atleast one.

If your stuck try asking for help, or look at a strategy guide. If you don't like that idea, well, I'm not sure how then. The "training" you speak of is likely what is often refered to as "griding", and I refuse to grid no matter what FF game I've played, and have managed to complete most of them just fine. So grinding isn't really that much of an issue.

Other suggestions:
1. There is a design flaw in the original FF6 for the SNES, where if you have an auto-fire controller, you can make the game auto-grind for you; leave it on for 24 hours and your characters hit around level 80.
2. Play FF13, it's got no levels and the story and room design is linear so you wouldn't get lost.
3. FF10 is the next best thing since it's "leveling" is essentially based on items, but then again it's got a lot more puzzles than compared to most of the FF.
4. Stop playing Final Fantasy and migrate to a different RPG, Action RPGs may be more enjoyable for you.
5. Tough it out until you can beat a Final Fantasy.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I never finished VII because of the stupid dungeon with insta-kill dudes I couldn't be bothered to fight through again because I balls'd up the last boss the first time.
I never finished X because the last boss was just crazy-strong.
I did finish XIII, but that's because you seem to level up quick enough to keep up with the difficulty.
So if it's any game other than XIII, I can't help you.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
So, you don't like grinding? You are not the only one who doesn't like it.

I'm fine with it, but some people find it too boring, and I understand that.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
riottrio said:
dududf said:
surely you have this same problem with most WRPG's as well. I know for one that i had to grind in Oblivion and Fallout in order to advance and be able to do some area's. though i suppose i could have always just lowered the difficult settings (pfffffft).

But yeah, he's right, if grinds not for you, then you should congratulate yourself for actually getting that far in the game, watch someone who wants to grind do the final boss and watch the final Cutscene(s) on Youtube. But seriously, i am amazed that you got that far without having to grind at somepoint earlier. i remember in most of my FF games, if i don't beat a boss first time, i spend about 3 hours grinding exp. that usually gets me past that boss, and probably through til the end of the game. apart from FF9 and FF7, which had the odd problem of me beating them the first time i tried the last boss. then the next day, i'd try again and the boss would be mercilessly impossible everytime i'd play it, even if i leveled up a bit more o_O

my favourite grind was FF4(also FF10), it wasn't actually that hard grinding, as i enjoyed battling and everyone levelled up at the same pace, even if they weren't in your battling party (not for FF10 though). it got to the point that i could put anyone i wanted in a party at random and still beat the final boss with ease. hehe, FF4 was awesome. (FF10's case was slightly different. couldn't beat seymour guado inside of sin first time, so i went off to train inside 'Omega ruins'... then i eventually got the urge to explore there and defeat Alpha and Omega themselves <though i did use Yojimbo on Omega, without lancet-ing him for his ability ¬_¬ i didn't know about it then> and it ended up that i remembered about the story and went back to Sin, totally spanking the game with my accidentally grinded characters. though i don't believe its a grind when it gets to the point you don't notice because you're having fun)

wow, watch out for dodgy brackets
In FF x-2 I never grinded, and was able to nearly finish the game.

Running to objectives is grind enough trust me.