Amateur Film Makers Tease Impressive New Half-Life Project

The Journey

Jul 12, 2010
crowns18 said:
Dyp100 said:
I thought Adrain was an SaS officer, why does he have an American accent?
He's not a SaS officer, I think he is a US marine
Did any of you actually play Opposing Force? He's a US Marine, part of the special operations division that was sent in to 'pacify' Black Mesa. He's one of the same men who you see slaughtering all of the facility personnel in the original.

Firstly, you never hear him speak so how would you know he was British SAS? Secondly, why the hell would the SAS be going to an American Area 51 type base 'somewhere' in Nevada? The tutorial has you being put through your paces by the US Marine Corps and you are referred to as an actual Marine for pete's sake.

Anyway, while this looks like a decent production the actor playing shepard in the trailer is far too slender to be a marine. Most of which in both the games and reality are very 'solid' individuals.

As unrealistic as it seems (unless you wear an HEV without ever removing it for some bizarre reason), it would have been better to see him in his HEC armour and urban fatigues from the game as a much more significant visual cue to who the character was. As it is he just looks like another (rather un-scrappy) looking rebel.

Carnagath said:
The Half Life movie that I would make, if someone knocked on my door and gave me 150m$, would be a cross between War Of The Worlds, Children Of Men and The Hurt Locker. And it would kick your ass. Ok, back to my homework.
This, this I want this right damn now.