Amazing 10-Year-Old Girl Playing Super Smash Bros Turns Out to be a Hoax

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
VanQ said:
Eh, too bad so sad. Companies hire actors/actresses for things like this all the time. It's called marketing and getting your knickers in a bunch does nothing.

I mean, hey could have searched high and low for a "real gamer girl"[footnote]Quotation marks because I don't give a fuck if someone is a real gamer or not nor do I give a shindiggity dig about their gender.[/footnote] that is exceptional at Smash Bros. to play a bunch of games against a bunch of "real gamer guys" but that would run the risk of a "real gamer guy" that is ridiculously good coming along and possibly stomping the "real gamer girl" and kinda ruining the whole idea of the campaign.

Oh well. Just let the gender ideologues do their complaining. They'd have found a reason to complain even if this wasn't a hoax.

Sucks when facts and reality doesn't fall in place with your desired narrative now, doesn't it.

The issue is when they choose to misrepresent reality to shield their narrative rather than simply change the narrative to meet the reality that you just described.