Amazing Spider-Man Trailer Has Lots of Peter Parker, Almost No Spidey

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Well, that wasn't so bad. Except for the end, which was atrocious. Still, if I'm not mistaken, I saw Kevin Bacon and Martin Sheen. With Emma Stone as well, hell, I'd watch this.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
The first person seems like a poor choice to me and the character looks miscast but it could be worse. He could be dancing in the street with a terrible haircut.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
SuperMse said:
This trailer sure had a lot of Peter Parkour.

In other news, I didn't know Spider-Man was related to Goku from Dragonball: Evolution. And I certainly didn't know he shopped at the same CG costume store as Green Lantern.
Um, it isn't a CG costume?

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
Not surprising since it seems to be another origin story. There's bound to be plenty of web-swingin' action and I'll probably see teh film regardless, but the focus seems to be on Peter.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
The first pirson part looked almost entirely CG, and rather bad CG at that.

believer258 said:
I'm no comic book nerd but I believe that he originally had some kind of device for web slinging, unlike Sam Raimi's trilogy where it comes naturally.
As a comic book nerd I can jump in and say that yeah, he does have web shooters on his wrists in the comics, however he keeps them UNDERNEATH his costume in the comics, unlike in this trailer.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Zing said:
SuperMse said:
This trailer sure had a lot of Peter Parkour.

In other news, I didn't know Spider-Man was related to Goku from Dragonball: Evolution. And I certainly didn't know he shopped at the same CG costume store as Green Lantern.
Um, it isn't a CG costume?
The one at the end of the parkour sequence certainly looks it.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
The stock footage at the end looks remarkably like a mirror edge sequence... done poorly.

Well, maybe poorly's a bit strong? It didn't impress, anyway.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I'll probably end up seeing this unless it gets universally trashed.

I'm not a fan of who they cast for Peter; he doesn't really look the part. Other than that, the movie looks like it's gonna be OK.

And the end made me think about how much better Mirror's Edge would have been as a Spider-Man game.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
The trailer does seem to show some promise. I do have to agree about the CG looking pretty god awful. I also hope the movie doesn't have any first person segments. It's not like we're playing DOOM or anything.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
As long as it's not as whiny as the original, I'll probably see it. Except for the CG, I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Wait, what? Why?

Why is there another Spiderman Movie already?

Seriously we can't even wait a few more years? Was this REALLY necessary?

AsurasFinest

Oct 26, 2010
Toby Mcguire fit Peter Parker more, he actually looked like someone that would've been socially outcast during highschool
This guy just looks like a pretty boy,where it makes no sense as to why he wouldn't be liked and seems to be ridiculously mopey, instead of being the funny and intelligent Spiderman we all know and love

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The business with Peter Parker's parents being part of the plot and the "don't you know what you are?" stuff has me VERY worried - much moreso than the horrible costume and the animatic-level CGI. The nonsense about Spider-Man's parents being spies or whatnot is the DUMBEST part of his ever-retconned backstory, it does NOT need to be dragged into the movies; and I've got a terrible feeling that there's going to be some kind of coverup/conspiracy thing happening with the new origin.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
While it may look appealing on the surface, if you look a bit deeper, any Spiderman fan should be yelling "NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" at the moment.

Notice that they showed Peter's parents, his parent's bag, and the mention that "and the secrets that are kept from you." You know how many Spiderman stories have every really made a big deal of what Peter's parents were doing, who they were, or what happened to them?

Two of them.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
OK:

A)What's with all the rapid fade to blacks?

and

B)Is this a trailer for a Spiderman movie or a Spiderman game? Because that CGI is bad as the stuff from the other first Spiderman movie.

All in all, seeing this trailer, I am not filled with confidence over the state of the re-boot.