Amazon Orders a Full Season of Cult Favorite Superhero Show The Tick

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Amazon Orders a Full Season of Cult Favorite Superhero Show The Tick

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1352/1352456.jpgThe Tick is getting a full season on Amazon Video.

A little over a month ago, Amazon ran the pilot episode of the new take on The Tick. Today, Deadline [http://deadline.com/2016/09/i-love-dick-jean-claude-van-johnson-the-tick-series-amazon-pilots-1201826742/] is reporting that Amazon has ordered a full season of the superhero spoof.

The Tick has been on TV twice before, including a live-action show and an animated series. In this incarnation, Guardians of the Galaxy's Peter Serafinowicz stars as the blue-suited titular superhero, with Jackie Earl Haley (Watchmen) playing as Terror, the show's villain. The official description of the show reads:

"In a world where superheroes have been real for decades, an accountant with mental health issues and zero powers comes to realize his city is owned by a global super villain long-thought dead. As he struggles to uncover this conspiracy, he falls in league with a strange blue superhero."

The new season of The Tick will be aired next year.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
No Warburton, no deal. Plus Amazon only matters to me when I want to buy something, not watch something.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Saelune said:
No Warburton, no deal. Plus Amazon only matters to me when I want to buy something, not watch something.
Oh come on, Lucifer is a GREAT show, Sleepy Hollow is good, it's getting grand tour (the original top gear), some people like preacher and Mr. Robot. I'm sure there is plenty of other stuff but that is just off the top of my head.

I have seen the link to "the tick" but honestly, it looks really bad and not bad in a good way like Freakazoid.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
omega 616 said:
Saelune said:
Oh come on, Lucifer is a GREAT show, Sleepy Hollow is good, it's getting grand tour (the original top gear), some people like preacher and Mr. Robot. I'm sure there is plenty of other stuff but that is just off the top of my head.

I have seen the link to "the tick" but honestly, it looks really bad and not bad in a good way like Freakazoid.
I barely even watch Netflix and often miss new episodes of Steven Universe (and thats currently my favorite show). Plus I dont pay for Netflix, cause if I had to, I wouldnt. (Mother has like, a family plan thing, or I use my brothers, not sure)

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Just.... no. The Tick is a massive guy who can't help but accidentally break things with glorious enthusiasm. This guy looks like a dude in a plastic halloween costume and that's all. The Tick is one of those things that's too cartooney to properly translate to live action and this doesn't convince me otherwise. It's The Tick via Watchmen, who is coming outta retirement because reasons.

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
Cannot watch in Canada. I am sad.
"Service Area Restriction
This video isn't available due to geographical licensing restrictions."

*edit* Checked with them. Videos in general are only for the USA, for now.

Trooper924

Oct 20, 2011
Saelune said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
I can't get into it without Patrick Warburton, sadly.
Warburton is actually a producer for this.

And the guy they got to play the Tick here is actually pretty damn good.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Lyvric said:

An hour or so after launch, it'll be worldwide >:)

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Lyvric said:

What? Seriously? Well, at least I could see the pilot - and I live in Germany.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Only vaguely remember the cartoon The Tick. The pilot was decent and Peter Serafinowicz was good in the role. Costume looked a bit naff but seems like that is part of the charm. So yeah I'm on board for a full season to see what they do.