Amazon Reveals Bizarre "Timed Sale" Strategy For Wave 4 Amiibos

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Went to three stores when going to get Splatoon, got Splatoon, but Robin was nowhere to be found. Tried to get Robin when it became available on Amazon, it was sold out in like two minutes. :/

I'm so glad I'm not an Amiibo collector, it's just not worth the money, or stress.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
ccggenius12 said:
Lightspeaker said:
You know I don't have a Wii U but this article reminded me that there's a Lucina amiibo coming out so I thought I'd poke about on amazon to see. Maybe if they're cheap enough I'd get one.

Price on the item on amazon's main page? £50. Cheapest under "more buying choices"? £30.

Bahahahahaha no. That scalping...
That's the scalpers. Presumably when the time hits for these today, Amazon itself will be listing them at MSRP.
I actually checked and nope. No new listings went up, amazon itself was absolutely not stocking them; instead fulfilling through a third party.

In fairness the main page seller is a place now selling for "only" £40. With only 10 left in stock! Buy now!

Oh dear...

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Lightspeaker said:
You know I don't have a Wii U but this article reminded me that there's a Lucina amiibo coming out so I thought I'd poke about on amazon to see. Maybe if they're cheap enough I'd get one.

Price on the item on amazon's main page? £50. Cheapest under "more buying choices"? £30.

Bahahahahaha no. That scalping...
Yeah the scalping just gets to me sometimes.

I can buy a PVC figure of Lucina as an import from Japan that is much higher quality than the one they got at 57 usd. That's a pose-able figure with multiple facial expressions, the armored mask, and just plain out superior paint job. These cheap suckers are only worth 16 usd because of a freaking chip stuck in their base!

... Well on the bright side, if Nintendo starts selling character cards and the 3d printing business takes off...

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
These things flew under my radar until I bought Codename Steam and found out I could get 4 extra characters in game if I bought the Amiibos. Looking at Amazon I found they were priced between £20-£40 each....

Serious, Fuck Amiibos and fuck Nintendo too for selling this overpriced plastic junk and creating artificial scarcity