Amazon Severely Discounts Xbox Live Gold Accounts

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Amazon Severely Discounts Xbox Live Gold Accounts

If you've been holding off on picking up next year's Xbox Live Gold membership, you may want to check out today's Amazon sale.

An Xbox Live Gold membership certainly can give you access to a lot of content, but a year's subscription isn't the cheapest thing in the world. However, if you've been meaning to pick up said membership then you should head over to Amazon today.

The site's marked Gold Subscription Cards down by 33%. They normally sell for $59.99, but they're going for $39.99 today. This is actually a really solid deal, since you can buy a couple of these at the same time. I did this a while ago and am set through 2014.

Amazon's been showing gamers some serious love this week. On Monday, the store <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115596-Amazon-Hacks-Slashes-Dragon-Age-Prices>severely discounted its Dragon Age Pack.

Source: <a href=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029LJIFG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bkgas-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0029LJIFG>Amazon

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
I wouldn't call this "severe". Costco does this regularly, or even better with included MS points.

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
I've never had XBL Gold before, but this seems like a pretty good price. I generally play online via my PC or PS3, but I could be persuaded otherwise. Folks who have it: is it worth the price of entry?

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
Timing is everything in life!! My subscription just ended last night, but I was too lazy to re-up my account and and go through the hassle of plugging in my card info. I love it when things go my way.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I can honestly say I have not played my xbox for over a year... every game I've wanted to play has been available for PC and I prefer to play on it whenever possible.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
It's not just Amazon. Gamestop's been doing that too for the last couple of weeks too. Maybe it's more of a Microsoft thing than an Amazon deal?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Meh, 10$ less than the original price. I sweet talked a sales rep into letting me pay the original 50$ instead of 60$ after the cutoff for the price change. I may jump on this though. 80$ for two years sounds like a sweet gig.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Hey, look, 33% off of something that shouldn't cost anything at all. I don't need to pay an additional subscription fee to use any of my other consoles online, why does XBox charge for it? I've got an internet provider and a Netflix account, and that's enough monthly fees for me to watch netflix on my PC, my phone, my Wii, and so on, but to allow it on the XBox I have to pay another subscription fee? They're not even providing anything. I bought the hardware, I'm paying for internet and for streaming, they just want a cut of their own for absolutely no value added on their part.

Screw that.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Wait, normally $60? In Australia (yeah, yeah I know) we pay $90 for one year. Not me of course, I only ever bought a subscription once, then realised the PSN was much better value.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Just went and bought one. It's great timing too, my subscription ended in March so YAY! I'm set for another year. ^_^