American Football

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Trace2010 said:
Anarchemitis said:
I like the CFL so much better, it's always so exciting. The game is never over until it's over. I saw a game where I think it was Winnipeg against Toronto, Toronto was winning like 42-12, and within the last 6 minutes Winnipeg still got 3 amazing touchdowns.
My only question to that is: What happened to the Toronto players? Did they forget the game was still going?
Winnipeg really got their game on in the last bit, I guess.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
curlycrouton said:
Pah, American Football?

You want to be playing Rugby, now that's a man's game.
I hear that. New Zealand All-Blacks for the win.

As far as the NFL goes, though, I'm a Pittsburgh fan. For NCAA, it's the Dawgs all the way.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
HAHAHAHA

Rugby is better.

No padding. Constant action.

Blood, fights, full body contact. MANLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Athefist

Nov 10, 2008
Football is the reason Sundays were invented! I've been a Giants fan for as long as I can remember, and they are having another amazing year. Last nights game was epic, probably the best NFL game this year so far.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
... is kinda lame. What? There's another answer? Gimme English/European/Everywhere else but North America Football anyday, far more entertaining.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
curlycrouton said:
Pah, American Football?

You want to be playing Rugby, now that's a man's game.
Beating people up with no protection for a ball, HELL YEAH!!!

Although i do prefer proper football, or as you yanks call it Soccer :D

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
All for CFL. Go Stamps!

College ball in the states is usually better to watch, those player tend to try harder, I find.

Rugby is just bloody awesome.

clicklick

Oct 29, 2008
With the risk of being eaten alive, I ask everyone 'Why the fuck is it called american football ? "

IMO, it should be called American Rugby because

a ) Rugby is the only sport which is nearly identical.

b) Football is a sport in itself which is vastly different.

It gets on my nerves this naming....the american media ( news/forums/shows etc ) have forced the use of 'soccer' on today's generation which makes it even worse.

/rant

Mr Goostoff

Aug 14, 2008
Anarchemitis said:
I like the CFL so much better, it's always so exciting. The game is never over until it's over. I saw a game where I think it was Winnipeg against Toronto, Toronto was winning like 42-12, and within the last 6 minutes Winnipeg still got 3 amazing touchdowns.
I don't like the CFL. I'm Canadian, I live an hour from Toronto, but I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. CFL's Endzones are just too big.

I haven't been happy about Big Ben's recent playing, don't get me wrong, I love him like a brother (I wish) but he just takes too long. I realize he makes big plays, but he's also one of the top QBs in terms of being sacked. -.-

Scruffy323

Sep 28, 2008
You want some good football arguements? I live in Wisconsin and I root for the Packers, and my dad likes Minnesota.

Trace2010

Aug 10, 2008
Anarchemitis said:
Trace2010 said:
Anarchemitis said:
My only question to that is: What happened to the Toronto players? Did they forget the game was still going?
Winnipeg really got their game on in the last bit, I guess.
I would say: where's the defense, but CFL rules favor the offensive team more, correct? Isn't American Arena football a bi-product of the CFL, or vice-versa?

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
As an american, I am almost required to like football but my favorite bye far is starting a game backyard football with some friends.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
steeltrain said:
I prefer professional to college, mostly because of the BCS being crap. I'm a proud fan of the fighting irish. I'm still not sure why everyone hates Notre Dame.

I'm really a Steelers fan though. Sucks that we choked away that game against the Colts, i'm just now starting to calm down. I think Big Bens not totally healthy right now, he seemed to underthrow a few open recievers against the Colts and Redskins.
BTW i live in DC so congrats on the Skins win

corporate_gamer

Apr 17, 2008
i have never played a proper game of american football, being english. But the pick up games i have occasionally played are just as violent as rugby. Except it has the added bonus that you can take out anyone on the pitch, not 'go for the ball' like a big girl. Not that we know the rules of american football, what we play is essentially full contact british bulldog... with a ball.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
sneakypenguin said:
How about them Titans? Undefeated and still no respect from the media
im still mad at the titans for taking the browns playoff away *sniffle*