American Menace

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
American Menace

Please note the subtle off-white coloring and tasteful thickness of this week's strip.

Read Full Article

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
The eyes. Oh God, the EYES. I never knew that crayon as a medium could show such emotion.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
This is pretty much the best thing.

The fourth panel is a thing of pure beauty.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fraught With PEril: The ost important documentary comic strip you will ever read. THE PUBLIC NEEDS TO KNOW!

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Zachary Amaranth said:
Fraught With PEril: The ost important documentary comic strip you will ever read. THE PUBLIC NEEDS TO KNOW!
Shout it to the Twittertops!

Everyone's favorite psychopath ripped from the pages of the controversial best-seller by Henry King Ketcham.

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
Pfft, we all know UK Dennis could take this kid any day. UK Dennis is an entirely different breed of child; he comes from an era of terraced houses and working class wages, when food was still rationed after the Second World War. When American Dennis was dodging kisses, UK Dennis was getting in fights and throwing stones. For the first twenty years or so, he would invariably be beaten with a slipper at the end of the strip, and he took these in his stride.

Make no mistake; American Dennis would be eaten alive.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Wednesdays are Fraught with Peril! This is square one of my internet content hopscotch. Somewhere down the line are Feed Dump and Zero Punctuation---if there's time.

1951? But Huey Lewis & the News didn't exist before 1980. (Before that, they were Huey Lewis and the American Express.)

When I was growing up I thought the Huey Lewis song lyric went "The heart of rock and roll is Topeka." That's right. I thought he was making reference to the approximate centroid of the US--in Kansas--probably right there with Dennis. I believe his song title "It Hit Me Like a Hammer" is strangely appropriate for this comic. Now get that kid a new drug. He clearly needs a couple days off.

Gallium

Cannon Fodder
May 3, 2011
I hate to be pedantic, but I'm going to be.

The UK Denis the Menace was created in Scotland rather than England, I pass the DC Thompson offices every day on my way to work.

Sorry... nice strip regardless.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Lets see...
I was called 'Denis The Menace' back when I was a kid because my grandparents thought I looked and acted like him...
I consider American Psycho (both film and book) to be very very good...

...Huh...
:slowclap:

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
American pansy-Dennis?

sorry m8 ull av to sp33k up

il bash u

sware on me mum

rotters

chortle

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
There's only so many times you can be sent to stare at a corner before you snap.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Gallium said:
I hate to be pedantic, but I'm going to be.

The UK Denis the Menace was created in Scotland rather than England, I pass the DC Thompson offices every day on my way to work.

Sorry... nice strip regardless.
Thank you for the kind words and the correction.
You are no pedant. Consider me freshly educated in this regard.

Also, UK Dennis might chib the bunty American Dennis in the coopin with a deed boatle a' soup after a night at the dancin
but he would find Gnasher the next morning strung up by his own intestines.

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
Nick Lerman said:
Also, UK Dennis might chib the bunty American Dennis in the coopin with a deed boatle a' soup after a night at the dancin
but he would find Gnasher the next morning strung up by his own intestines.
Ha! Gnasher isn't a dog; he's a ball of hate and teeth, bound up in fur tougher than wire wool. He is the destroyer of cats, the bane of postmen, and you think a little snot in a pair of dungarees can stop him?

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
bdcjacko said:
Ugh, I hate Wichita, KC. It is a piss hole. Dated a chick from there once.
Wichita isn't in KC, it's in Kansas. KC is in Missouri... different state. (just kidding, it's a typo, I know)

Anyway, as a Wichitan I just gotta say... it has to be 2251 EAST Pine Street. A residential neighborhood near a golf course rather than a loft over a bike shop at 2251 West Pine.

Good work as always Nick.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Kyrian007 said:
bdcjacko said:
Wichita isn't in KC, it's in Kansas. KC is in Missouri... different state. (just kidding, it's a typo, I know)

Anyway, as a Wichitan I just gotta say... it has to be 2251 EAST Pine Street. A residential neighborhood near a golf course rather than a loft over a bike shop at 2251 West Pine.

I know where kc is, I live ther. Grrrr. It was a typo. Also I am glad you reconize Kansas City is in Missouri. You would be amazed how many people don't know that.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
bdcjacko said:
Kyrian007 said:
bdcjacko said:

I know where kc is, I live ther. Grrrr. It was a typo. Also I am glad you reconize Kansas City is in Missouri. You would be amazed how many people don't know that.
Wichitans have a better than average chance of knowing that, generally because we can say that Wichita is quite a bit bigger than Kansas City,... Kansas. It's also true that Kansas City, Missouri is quite a bit larger than both put together. Actually, I like the KC area... driving is more interesting there. Other than the river, nothing really breaks up Wichita's city grid. You can't get lost, but it's boring as all get out. Driving in KC is far more interesting. Last time I was there was for a book signing in Lee's Summit, a nice area to drive around in it seemed (I had fun at least.) And CC Plaza is always fun.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
I ate at the Potbelly's in Wichita whilst driving through.
The car was an orange 1969 American Motors Ambassador.
It was like a gasoline-powered couch.
I had eggs, sausage and hash browns with a stack of pancakes.