Amiibo NFC Figures for Smash Bros and Other WiiU Titles - Update

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
haha, no

the figurine thing is not for competitive play

why would they even do that

also, you can't be arsed to watch a three minute video, but you claim your opinion is the best? you're either being ignorant, or you're just pretending to be, and i don't got time for either

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
I'm like 600% not sure how i feel about this, it's sort of skylandery but at the same time not? I'll need to see where this goes

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
So... what they're like Pokemon?
Yeah, you collect, trade, and level them up to fight each-other, they're Pokemon!
Nintendo are selling physical versions of Pokemon modeled after Nintendo characters to be used in Smash Bros...
...Huh...

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Zacharious-khan said:
I'm like 600% not sure how i feel about this, it's sort of skylandery but at the same time not? I'll need to see where this goes
I'm with you on this one bro.

I will let my wallet dictate my purchase....but until then.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Nintendo seems to be paying more attention to the internet at least, they referenced the Luigi death-glare in one of the videos.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Well, between this and having the Mii's as playable characters with custom movesets we could see some very interesting matchups as the AI learns your style and how to counter it...

I do hope that Super Smash Bros 3DS can use this system once the adapter is released otherwise I may have to buy a WiiU

Captcha: fair and square

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
I kind of want the Link and Donkey Kong ones....

I dont own a wiiU yet but apparently they will have 3ds uses, so as long as they aren't astronomically expensive I might get just those two.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Eh, I probably would have gotten most of the figures even if they were just figures in the usual sense. I am glad it's more or less about enhancing the games rather than being essential to play them. Plus, the idea of possibly getting AI enemies that are even smarter than level 9 CPUs is really cool.

Chaos James

Bastion of Debauchery
May 27, 2011
Fenrox Jackson said:
If you played Pokemon Rumble U then you know this will be an unmitigated disaster.

Seriously, I am a fucking adult, don't make me fucking have to find bullshit "rare" figurines to play the game I bought for your dedicated gaming PC that I also bought. I don't want to have to get a fucking toy chest to play games you horrible sods.

Everyone who likes this is a damn child that either through parents or denial will buy these things.
Again, like it was stated by Nintendo, the SSB figurines are only an evolving AI that can be trained and improved, but totally optional. No advantage, no requirements, just a fun little thing to go with nice statues that can decorate a space, while being heavily inspired by the core theme of Smash Bros.