Among your gaming friends, what are you known for?

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I'm the guy most likely to resist blowing someone away so that we can try out a stunt or some trick.

I'm also the guy who even all these years later has bf1942 as his online game of choice.

Cronky

May 24, 2010
Riddle78 said:
Total Annihilation
Where as I've played/heard of Legend of Dragoon/Gothic... Total Annihilation was the TOPS. Downloading all those extra units.

Dial up era so I'd have to download them from my dad's work where they had, at the very least, a CONSTANT connection. Try to fit as many of them on a Floppy Disk as I could, take them home, then set up the AI and go to town.

Giant Optimus Prime Bot (As I called it) that took FAR too long to build and FAR too many resources to be useful.

...I don't think I ever actually played the story because of that simple fact...

...I miss that game...

Skobvs

Nov 26, 2009
Vilcus said:
I'm known as "The Watcher" by most of my friends. I get this because in any team based game, I will always notice when my teammates are in trouble.
That's me in a nutshell, though I never got a nickname like that..

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
Well, in World of Warcraft I'm known among my friends and guildies as the guy who knows how to play every class well, or more often just "the human Wowhead".

In my pen-and-paper Star Wars Roleplaying Game group, I'm known for the following sentence: "Enhance Ability to Strength, Battlemind, Heroic Surge, Power Attack +7 Called Shot to the Head." (It's how I start every fight. Or did, in a campaign 3 years ago...)

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
The god of SSBB. Along with the one who will be better at your game than you are within 10 minutes of playing for the first time no matter how good you are at it

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
I am The Gamer, since noone else in my "group" games.
That sounds kind of cool. The Gamer? The Gamer?
Ugh, I give up.

OooOOooOh! THE GAMER!!!

Bam.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
The guy who plays JRPGs and the worst teammate to have in L4D or any shooter period.

Plauged1

Mar 6, 2009
Im the pistol maniac. Oh dear the other team has lasers shotties and snipies, what am I going to use? A pistol, 2 if possible. I am unstoppable with dual pistols. Im also very helpful when it comes to teams. I usually rush over and heal or cover or whatever else they need before anything else.

Im not sure what Id be in an mmorpg, seeing as I dont play them.I personally dont like playing as mages. Id probably be whatever the melee class is, which Im pretty sure for most mmorpgs is a barbarian.(?)

I also play as the good guy, or neutral if possible, in most games with a moral choice, and that really annoys my friends for some reason.

Im not sure what gamer classification my real world friends would give me. Probably balls of steel, as I find very few games hard and/or scary.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Among my friends and Gamer friends, I'm known as the guy who can always say something funny and clever about whatever game he's playing when impulsed by something he previously said, or for giving extremely grotesque descriptions of gory death animations.
For example, I was playing Wolfenstein 3D on my Xbox 360, and it was the level before the Hitler boss battle. When I said "It's the level before Hitler" I started rhyming:

"Twas the level befor Hitler, and all through the Reich, not a Nazi was aware of BJ that night."
"BJ then found a secret, to which he announced 'Oh, what fun!' and introduced the not so sneaky Nazi to the barrel of his gun."
"BJ needed a medkit, and he needed one fast, but found a chicken dinner, and shoved it right up his ass!"
"The Nazis were trying to hide hidden gold and treasure, but instead set them on the floor, and BJ stole it with pleasure."
"Hitler's robo suit fell to the floor with a clatter, before he was turned into a pile of organic matter."
"BJ walked out of the castle, he'd ended the war, but our hero then decided 'I'm ready for more!'"

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Romblen said:
I searched this, didn't find anything.

What are you known for among your gaming friends? Are you usually the best team mate? The worst? Really good at a weapon in a certain game?

For me it would be the Sniper. In Day of Defeat Source, I'm very, very good at sniping. On my groups server I would often get easily 5:1 KD even when everyone else is sniping.
I'm the guy everyone tends to turn to for help in games. Also the one who's finished over 500 games in his lifetime.
Sad, huh?

Decum

Apr 12, 2009
I'm known simply as the Back-Up, not as skilled as all my other friends but my presence is helpful.

Ayrtonh

May 10, 2010
I am usually know AS "The Gamer" To my entire community. I play everything (well, okay maybe not so much guitar hero and stuff like that. XD) and am quite happy to tell people about my opinions on games and what I personally think they might like. I look out for my team with an almost Leave-No-Man behind method, I think ahead for the future of the game excreta excreta. I'm just not good at Guitar-Hero/Rock-Band stuff XP

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
As all of my gaming friends are also artists, I am set apart as the one who works at a gallery and knows how to store, fix, frame, exhibit, pack and label artwork. I'm also the one to contact everyone when we're planning an event. It sucks to be the decisive/organized one.